Chapter 24

haeun giggled at another one of taeyong's jokes.

"aw, man. remember when we got in trouble for decorating the class for halloween and we wore scary masks and stuff?" taeyong said.

" we did that because it was the first halloween you actually celebrated and went trick or treating for! what were we? 14, 15?" haeun smiled.

"yeah, we had so much fun, back then," taeyong sighed.

"then, you moved away and didn't tell us where you went!" haeun said.

"well, i'm back, now, aren't i?" he said and looked at his watch. "shoot, it's almost 8, already."

"oh, it is. are you leaving?" haeun frowned.

"i don't know," he shrugged and scratched the back of his neck. "well, i guess i'll stay for one game of mario kart?"

"yeah!" haeun squealed and they jumped of the couch to play.

an hour later, they were playing their seventh round and haeun had lost. 

"aw, man! you totally cheated!" she pointed her finger.

"how?"

"you tickled me!" haeun giggled. 

"what? like this?" taeyong jumped and started tickling at her sides and laughing at her screams and pleads to stop.

"tae, stop! ah!" she screamed and started tickling him, too when the door opened and jaehyun walked in at the sight of taeyong hovering over haeun and her arms at his sides, as if she was pulling him down.

"haeun?" jaehyun asked, annoyed. taeyong stopped and jumped off her.

"hey, jaehyun, i was just leaving," taeyong said. haeun caught her breath and walked over to him, fixing her hair as taeyong left and smiled at haeun.

"jae-" haeun was about to hug him.

jaehyun slightly pushed her away, "what's going on?"

"taeyong and i ran into each other at the grocery store and we came back here," haeun explained.

"okay," jaehyun nodded. "i'm going to go take a shower. it's been a long day."

haeun nodded and watched him go inside the bedroom.

after a while, jaehyun returned wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of grey sweatpants and a towel around his neck.

haeun was washing the dishes and jaehyun back-hugged her, "i'm sorry for being cold, before. i was just tired and i walked in on the wrong moment.

"you don't need to apologise, i'm not upset. why don't you go eat? i saved some take-out for you," haeun told him and jaehyun kissed her cheek.

jaehyun went and sat at the table, "hey, can you grab me a fork? i forgot one."

haeun nodded and walked over to him with a fork and held it out as she sat down next to him. he took the fork off her, "thanks."

jaehyun's emotions changed when he noticed her bruised wrist and raw knuckles; he grabbed hold of her arm, tightly.

"babe, what happened?" he asked, looking her in the eyes.

haeun sighed, "don't be mad."

"haeun..." jaehyun said, sternly.

"the other day, when i was with the girls, i felt like i was being followed when we left the restaurant, but nothing happened, so i didn't tell you. same, earlier today when i was going grocery shopping. after i bumped into taeyong in the store, he left to grab something and the guy who was following me grabbed me," haeun explained.

"it was my ex, jinhyuk. nothing happened, he was just talking about the past and stuff. taeyong came back before anything happened and i punched his face," haeun smiled, comforting jaehyun's shoulders.

jaehyun stayed silent, staring at the wall. haeun tilted her head to look at him.

"jae, what's wrong?" she asked.

"i know that i've been busy lately, but you can always come talk to me," he whispered.

haeun gasped, "jaehyun, i know that. i just didn't want to concern you over little things the other day, and you were at an important meeting today and--"

"don't use my work as an excuse. you should know that i will always put you in front of my work. always, haeun. if you were hurt, you should have called me," jaehyun said.

"i don't want to always rely on you, jae. you're always saving me, i don't want you to stop everything in your life for me. i don't want to be the reason you stop working or having fun. you have a life of your own," haeun said. 

jaehyun scoffed and stood up, "i can't believe you're saying this. there's a difference between me giving everything up for you and me stopping my work for a day, haeun! and, what would be so wrong about that? i love you and i care about you!"

haeun stood up and shook her head, "so do i. which is why i would never make you worry over something small in situations like this."

jaehyun gulped, "this was big, haeun. he hurt you, that ass hurt you, again."

"but, no worries. taeyong was there to help you," he said, his voice coming out spitefully.

jaehyun walked into the bedroom, calmly. haeun ran her fingers into her hair, and wondered how they got to an argument so quickly. 

all she had to do was call, or tell him as soon as he walked through those doors. 

--------------------

i don't want this story to be predictable, but i feel like it already is...

why do you guys like this predictable trash??

leave me some comments and questions, if you want?

have a good dayy!