Chapter 35

"jaehyun, wake up," haeun called him, eagerly.
jaehyun groaned and rolled over to face her, "what is it?"

"am i getting fat? look, you can see my bump, now!" for some reason, haeun really wanted to be able to see her bump, unlike her usual self.

jaehyun sat up and started walking to the door as he said, "what? you look thin and a stick, babe!"
"jaehyun! tell me i look fat!" haeun whined.

the next day, jaehyun woke up and saw haeun looking at her stomach in the mirror.
"wow, baby. your bump is so big," jaehyun said.
"jaehyun, you're so mean!" haeun whined and watched him leave, shaking his head.

"so, how are those mood swings coming along?" jaehyun asked haeun.
"i don't really think i've been getting them to be honest," she shrugged and continued eating.
jaehyun raised his eyebrows and dropped the topic.
"so, i was thinking of going to tell your parents today," haeun said.
"yeah. we should tell your parents, too."
"ooh, my mum knows but we have to act like she doesn't," she told him.
"how does she know?" jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows.
"she went to the hospital with me to get the test done," haeun explained and jaehyun nodded.
"when can we tell the group?" He said.

"tomorrow, but is it okay if i tell doyoung before?" she said.
"yeah," jaehyun agreed.

"mum?" jaehyun said into the phone.
"yoonoh! what's wrong, dear? your father told me that you've been missing work and calling haeun your wife? you haven't...eloped have you?" she gasped.
"no, mother, we're not married...yet," he smirked and watched haeun roll her eyes. "we're coming over, now."
"why?" jaehwa said.
"we need to talk about something. don't worry too much, it's good news," jaehyun said and hung up.

"Come in," Jaehwa let them in as soon as jaehyun knocked on the door.
"haeun, you look good," jaehyun's mother hugged her.
"thank you," haeun sat down and watched her boyfriend and his mum hug each, tightly.
"yoosuk! they're here!" jaehwa called and Saar opposite haeun and jaehyun.

jaehyun looked at haeuns scared face and held her hand, to comfort both her and himself.

"yoonoh, what's going on, son?" yoosuk sat down. "you've been missing work and now, you've come here, so suddenly."

jaehyun took a deep breath, "there's something haeun and i want to talk to you about."

"go ahead, son. don't be afraid," yoosuk said and jaehwa nodded.

"haeun's pregnant," jaehyun said.
the look on their faces was unreadable as they turned to haeun.

"pregnant? and it's yours?" jaehwa asked and haeun darted her head up.
"mum! of course, it's mine!" jaehyun said.
"sorry! i was just checking, honey," jaehwa said to haeun.

"we're going to be grandparents," yoosuk said and everyone stayed silent.

"we're going to be grandparents!" yoosuk repeated, happily and jumping up to engulf his son in a hug. jaehwa also stood up, her eyes now filled with tears of joy as she hugged haeun.

"you're happy?" haeun said.
"of course we are! a baby is wonderful! we've always wanted jaehyun to have children, and lots!" jaehwa cried.
"i'm so sorry we scared you! we've planned out the day when jaehyun would tell us about his first child since he was 20. this was the plan!" yoosuk said.
"you're going to be grandparents!" jaehyun cheered.
"does your parents know, haeun?" yoosuk asked and she shook her head.
"we're heading over there afterwards," she told them.
"what are your plans, now? getting married?" jaehwa said.
jaehyun nodded, looking haeun, "soon. i'd love to marry haeun."
"and it's the same for jaehyun," haeun smiled.