Chapter 29

haeun tossed around in her bed, the ache in her lower stomach just wasn't fading away.

a few minutes later, jaehyun entered the dark room, holding his phone out, his flashlight on.

"happy birthday to you," jaehyun sang softly and walked over to.

haeun realised he had been recording and attempted to hide her face with the blanket.

jaehyun pulled it off and jumped on top of her as his singing got more enthusiastic and loud, "happy birthday, dear haeun! happy birthday to you!"

jaehyun peppered her cheeks with soft kisses, and haeun giggled, "turn the camera off!"

"no, we need to record the special moment for your 24th birthday, honey! one day, we'll show it to all our kids and they'll tell us how cringey we are!" jaehyun said and engulfed haeun in a big hug.

"okay! jaehyun, you're squishing me, too hard," haeun yelled when jaehyun pinched her cheeks together.

in the morning, jaehyun woke extra early to prepare breakfast in bed for haeun.

when he walked in the room, he saw haeun wasn't in her bed.

"haeun?" jaehyun called.

he heard sounds of the toilet flushing and, soon haeun walked into the room.

"what's wrong?" haeun asked him.

"nothing, I made breakfast! come, eat," jaehyun said and pulled you into bed.

haeun smiled, covering up her distaste for eating the breakfast, right now.

the smell of the meat made her stomach act up a bit, but she continued eating, happily.

"are you ready, yet?" jaehyun asked haeun and walked into the bedroom.

"what are you doing?" jaehyun said, looking at her, who was looking at herself in the mirror.

"what does it look like, honey? i'm looking at myself," haeun rolled her eyes, playfully.

"yes, I know that. but, why?"

"no, just outfit-checking. let's go," haeun clasped his hand in hers and pulled him away.

"here's the birthday girl!" johnny yelled and hugged her.

"hi, johnny!" haeun greeted him.
"woah, what's all this?" haeun looked at all the presents and food.

"presents!" seoyeon said, excitedly and stood up to hug haeun.

"for me?" haeun said, jokingly.

"no, some guy named bob. it's his birthday, too," doyoung said and rolled his eyes at haeun.

"hi, doyoung," haeun said and hugged him.

"happy birthday, haeun," doyoung said.

"wow, taeyong, even you came?" haeun laughed.

"of course!" taeyong smiled and winked at her.

haeun and jaehyun sat down, and began talking to their friends.

the waiter put down glasses of alcohol and asked haeun if she wanted some.

haeun hesitated, "no, thanks."

jaehyun looked at her, in confusion, "are you not feeling well?"

"i'm feeling fine. I just don't feel like drinking, right now. it's not even 2 yet," haeun told him, nervously.

jaehyun nodded, but still felt there was something haeun wasn't telling him.

jaehyun planned a day out to the beach, so when the guys went to buy food and snacks, haeun and the girls went to buy swimsuits and stuff.