Chapter 37

I was really not expecting Yuvaan to behave like that, but more than that, I wasn't expecting myself to accept his challenge with so much excitement too

I was really not expecting Yuvaan to behave like that, but more than that, I wasn't expecting myself to accept his challenge with so much excitement too. And it was all because of my old self resurfacing and trying to break the walls I had built around me in order to protect myself — most importantly the people around me.

Others saw me as a kind and soft spoken girl who only obeyed others' orders and didn't revolt even if she was suffering. They were right, but I wasn't always like this. I also had my opinion and stood for what I believed in; I didn't know that time would change my whole personality.

But, for the first time after so long, I felt like I belonged somewhere. It was a pretty weird and complicated situation, and I knew that my one decision was going to decide whether I would be escaping my reality or not, but I wasn't bothered any more. I was tired of always worrying about future and fulfilling others' needs and requests.

From today onwards, I am going to live for myself and that too, in my husband's house. What I would do ahead is not fixed, but everything can go to hell — I will just go with the flow and this time, I am going to control the changes in my life.

As for Yuvaan, I will deal with him in my own way. He is not the biggest concern for me right now; he seems like a ruthless beast, but I know that's the image he is showcasing to the outside world and hiding his true self in order to protect himself — just like me.

I would have said more but these cramps were making it really difficult for me and to make things worse, I didn't have my usual medicine with me which were prescribed to me by my gynaecologist.

"Are you okay, beta?" Shruti Aunty asked as soon as I returned to the dining room.

I shot her a smile and she asked me if Yuvaan tried something or not. When I shook my head, she sighed in relief and questioned what happened after Yuvaan took me with him. I thought for a moment and then announced that there was a change of plans, and I was going to be a freeloader for some more time.

"Yes!" Advait jumped up from his seat and hugged Yuvaan who joined us soon after.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Shaurya grunted.

"Can't you see others happy, Mr. Grumpy Toes?" Advait taunted.

"Reyna, can you please explain? He didn't threaten you again, did he?" Shaurya queried.

I glimpsed at my spouse who was shooting daggers at his best-friend and high-fiving the other one. Heena looked lost and was staring at me as if she was in some kind of dream. Shruti Aunty placed a hand on my shoulder and whispered to me to tell her if her son troubled me again or forced me in some kind of contract.

"Relax, Aunty. You are thinking too much; he didn't do anything," I assured.

"But why did you change your decision, Reyna?" She expressed her worry and glared at her son who stepped closer to me. "Yuvi, did you say something—"