Chapter 20

A/N: I have put the character sketch for Heena in the chapter "Character sketch - Him".

Merry Christmas!! 🎄🍾🎅🎊

(🚨 Long chapter ahead 🚨)

∆~×~∆

I struggled to open my eyelids; it felt like someone had put bricks on them. My back was rigid like a wooden plank, and my limbs were jelly. I was covered by the warm blanket, but it did almost nothing to keep the cold from seeping through it.

After a lot of effort, I finally managed to open my eyes and sat myself up, clutching the blanket closer to me. It was still dark, and a few stars glimmered in the sky. I checked my phone for the time: 2:46 am.

I sighed and begrudgingly got up from the seat. I dragged myself inside my room and started my morning routine. I cleaned the room and got ready for the journey. After I was satisfied with everything, I picked up my small luggage bag and went into the hall.

The lights were off, signalling that no one was up yet. So, I laid down my bag beside the sofa and made some coffee for myself. Yuvaan wasn't up yet, so he wouldn't find out. I ate some toast with the coffee while waiting for the others to come. But they didn't.

My eyes were closing due to the lack of sleep, so I splashed some water on my face to keep myself awake. I didn't want to receive scolding first thing in the morning.

I walked towards the living room and made myself comfortable on one of the couches. The master clock struck 4 am, and I glanced upstairs-still no sign of anyone. Even Grace had also not made her appearance yet.

I waited for some more time. One more hour passed, and I was still alone, sitting like an idiot in the middle of the house. Yuvaan had told me that our flight was at 6 am, so we should have left by now.

Considering the boarding and waiting time, it would take us two more hours, but we were already one hour late. I decided to ask Yuvaan myself.

What if he forgot about it? I knew he would blame me for that too.

So, I made my way towards his room slowly. I was about to knock on his door when one of the guest room's doors opened. Heena came out while yawning in her tracksuit. She adjusted the headphones around her neck, and soon, Advait also came out from another room.

Both of them nodded at each other and began chatting. They stopped when they spotted me, and Heena beamed at me. "Reyna bhabhi (brother's wife), good morning!"

Bhabhi? It was the first time someone called me that.

"Good morning, Heena," I replied.

"We are going out for a jog? Wanna join?" she asked, and I looked at her in confusion.