Chapter 71

🚨 Trigger warning 🚨

Following chapter contains scenes of strong violence and strong language that may not be suitable for some readers. Please proceed with caution.

⚠️ Long chapter ahead ⚠️

What Shaurya said about my prey haunted me even when I was lying in the lap of darkness. I didn't want to believe it, but Yuvaan also said the same.

How could they do it? Without taking my permission, how dare they do it?! I want answers to my questions, but for that I would have to wake up. And I don't feel like doing it. What's the use now? My plan was ruined. The thing I had been working for so long got snatched out of my hands because of the people I trusted.

Even if I open my eyes, the reality isn't going to change. I wanted to kill those bastards with my own hands, but how will I do it when they are all dead? All I did was in vain. I will keep blaming Yuvaan and his friends for poking their nose in my business. Not that their intentions were ill, but still-

Still what, Reyna? Isn't it good that those men aren't alive anymore?

No, they were supposed to die by my hands. How can I be at peace knowing that?!

Then why don't you just wake up and ask your husband?

What's gonna happen then? I don't want to see anyone. Leave me alone.

Not even Aru? Don't you love your little brother? Are you going to leave him alone?

He is capable of looking after himself. He doesn't need me anymore; actually, he never did. I was the one who kept running behind him in order to protect him.

Fine. Then are you going to just lay here alone, feeling abandoned and sorry for your life? You already forgot about Yuvaan? What mistake did he do Reyna? He only wanted to help you - he is really worried about you.

He is better off without me. What's he gonna do with me now? I am not even in the state to think properly. He will surely suffer if I gained consciousness. Why should he deal with my mess?

Because he loves you, jerk. Don't punish him for what those assholes did. Now fucking wake up and face the reality. I know you can do it.

After arguing with myself like that for over a hundred times, I finally woke up. I shielded my eyes with my hand as the strong sunrays penetrated through the glass window. Instantly, the curtain was drawn, drowning the surroundings in a light blue shade. I stared at the patterns on the blue curtain for a minute before moving my eyes at the people around me.

They were there, with a concerned expression, but they were standing really far. Especially Shaurya, whom I had attacked last time. None of them said anything, not even Uppu, who could hardly keep her mouth shut. My younger brother was also being careful. I thought that no one was going to come closer, but my mother-in-law approached me cautiously and asked me how I felt.