Chapter 43

Even if just a little bit, I was hoping that Tamannah would keep her hands off my husband; I knew both of them had a shared past between them which I had no interest digging in, but I didn't like how that woman was throwing herself on Yuvaan when ...

Even if just a little bit, I was hoping that Tamannah would keep her hands off my husband; I knew both of them had a shared past between them which I had no interest digging in, but I didn't like how that woman was throwing herself on Yuvaan when she had her fiance with her.

Everytime I saw Tamannah getting close to Yuvaan, I wanted to rip her head off — I controlled myself because I didn't want to affect Yuvaan's behaviour and cause a scene in the peaceful party. Moreover, Grandpa was there too; he would have gotten a heart attack after seeing me butcher the host in her own party.

But the instance where she asked my husband for a dance in front of me... I should have slapped that bitch across the face. Didn't she know the meaning of no? Wasn't she taught what consent means? Or was she too dumb to even remember that she was eyeing someone else's man?

When Grandpa urged Yuvaan to grant Tamannah's request of dancing with him, I felt really bad for him. Surprisingly, unlike what I had expected, he was avoiding his ex-girlfriend since he came, and I was kind of happy that he wasn't that much affected by her presence.

I knew I wasn't sure about my feelings for him or what the fuck was actually going on between us, but there was no way that I was going to let any other female look at him like a piece of meat as long as he was married to me.

Unfortunately, I couldn't act as a wild person and just bash Tamannah's head for even taking Yuvaan's name from her mouth. Apart from knowing her as just my spouse's ex, I didn't know anything about her. I wasn't even aware of how their relationship was and what exactly happened for them to break up.

Was she a good person? Was she just acting like that because she got reminded of her past? Was she mentally unstable too? Was she abused by her fiance and that's why she was planning on getting back with Yuvaan? There could have been any reason for her behaviour, and I knew no one was going to tell me directly.

Other than removing plans of murdering Tamannah from my mind, I was happy after meeting Grandpa and dancing with him as I got to meet him after so long; he was still so kind and understanding. I didn't know why he was so fond of me, but I didn't want to overthink unnecessarily; I just wanted to enjoy the party.

After having a nice dance session with Grandpa Rickard, I relaxed on a vacant table. I picked up a chocolate cupcake from the various delicacies adorned over the glass cutlery and roamed my eyes around, observing people. While Yuvaan was busy being a statue when the party started, I chatted with a few persons who were well known in their fields.

I even congratulated Tamannah for the opening of her boutique in India and wished her best of luck for her future endeavours; I didn't want to get entangled in her mess. But the person I was feeling the most bad for was her fiance, Raghuveer Ahuja.

That guy was the most transparent person I had ever seen — even a kid could lie better than him. Two hours into the event, and he was still lurking around with a sad expression on his face, trying to conceal it behind his cute smile.