Chapter 12

"Wh-what do you mean I was gifted to you?"

I asked as I entered the room. Everyone turned their attention to me and stopped talking. I took some steps forward and stopped in front of Yuvaan who was sitting on a table with a bottle of alcohol in his right hand.

Shaurya and Advait were sitting on a couch beside a pool table, and rummy cards were strewn across the centre table accompanied with few wine glasses and some cigarettes.

I glanced at all of them awaiting a reply but none of them said anything. Yuvaan just ignored me and continued drinking. I went a little closer to him and mustered up every bit of courage I had.

"What do you mean I was gifted to you?" I repeated while stressing each word.

Yuvaan fixed me with his blazing gaze and took a swig from the bottle. "It is not good to eavesdrop, but you heard it right. You are a gift that was forcefully imposed on me."

"Wh-what? Are you serious?" My voice cracked.

"Yes, Reyna Bakshi. Your own father gave you away like an object."

"You are lying!" I accused. "Dad will never do that. He can't....."

Yuvaan let out a deep laugh and shook his head. He got up from the table and stepped in front of me. He brought up his left hand and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

I shivered when his long fingers touched my skin, and I didn't know why, but I wanted him to do that again. He was angry at the moment and I could only think of his touch.

What was happening to me?

"You know what? Gift is a very fancy term for you. 'Trash' suits you better," he mocked and began laughing.

"We all know what happened. So you can drop the act, Reyna," Shaurya said and I looked at him.

"You think I am acting? I don't even know what you guys are talking about!" I retorted.

Yuvaan grabbed my face and turned it towards him. He squeezed my cheeks harshly and stared directly in my eyes; hatred clouding my reflection in his black orbs. His face was morphed with rage and I felt my body trembling under his cold touch.

"Enough with this bullshit. You want us to believe that you are innocent? Just because you cover yourself with full clothes, bow down to everyone and smile everytime like an idiot, you think you will fool us?" he seethed and increased his hold.

Advait commented that I was a gold digger and helped dad in making Yuvaan agree to the marriage. Shaurya added that there was no way that a girl would agree to marry someone she hardly knew within two weeks.

"But you yourself said that you showed interest in me and that's how this whole arrangement happened," I replied; my voice getting choked in the end.