Chapter 42

Yuvaan's POV

Yuvaan's POV

Why would I be afraid of my past?

Why would I be afraid of my past?! Really, Yuvaan? You couldn't think of anything else to say than blurting out that nonsense? You could have simply ignored the taunt, but you had to go ahead and act all cool in front of your wife — and she wasn't even impressed!

"I am really regretting this." I shook my head to myself and glanced at Reyna who looked totally unaffected.

She, like always, was looking gorgeous in a strapless lemon gown as her dark brown hair flowed over her back like ocean waves; I was having a hard time keeping my eyes off her. I didn't want to come to Tamannah's party at all, but since I acted macho for no reason, I was here standing in a lavish hotel full of strangers.

Why did I take up the challenge?

(Reyna's outfit👆)

While I was behaving like an outcast, my wife was busy acquainting herself with various business associates and brand owners after I heard her casually congratulating Tamannah on her boutique's opening and conversing with Raghuveer Ahuja.

Keeping my issues with my ex-girlfriend aside, she had done a good job in making a name for herself in her field and business too. Her love for luxury could easily be seen in the gold and white decorations all over the place with expensive drinks and delicacies attracting the eyes of every human being present.

I hadn't seen her yet properly — I didn't even want to — even though I could feel her presence fleeting throughout the hall. I accept I was avoiding her on purpose because first, I had no strength to face her, and second, I didn't know if I would lose my shit if I saw her and she would smile at me as if nothing bad happened between us.

To keep my nerves from exploding, I moved my arm to hold Kitten's hand, but she shifted away and moved towards the person I respected the most, but at that moment, I was in no mood to talk to him.

"Reyna!" Rickard grinned widely and opened his arms for my wife.

After shooting me a smirk, Reyna skipped towards her 'Grandpa' in glee and hugged him like she hadn't seen him for eons. Both of them began chatting instantly and laughed at one of Rickard's lame jokes. If Reyna wasn't so fond of him, I would have killed the old man for taking all of her attention.