Two Girls, One Problem

Making her way into the house, Ariana rolled her bags up to her room before she relieved herself of her shoes. Letting out a sigh of relief, Ariana was glad to have made it through the days worth of travel. Looking around the house to see if anything had changed, Ariana felt like she had just returned to a brand new home that she knew little of compared to the home she had spent years in. Taking a seat on the bed, Ariana glanced over at her bag for a moment before she got up to get the picture she had taken from Nona’s house of her grandfather to place on her nightstand. Staring at his picture for what felt like an hour or two, Ariana couldn’t help but flashback to the service they had for her grandfather.

[Flashback]

Watching the casket closely, Ariana sat in disbelief as she just could wrap her mind around the fact that this was actually happening. How did it get to this point, where she found herself at a funeral for her beloved grandfather, Ariana questioned over and over until it just became annoying. Sitting beside her friend, Alexa made sure to be every bit of support for Ariana in her time of need, which Ariana was beyond appreciative for. Watching as everyone paid their last respects, Ariana turned her attention towards Sean as he guided her mother back to her seat. With her darkened shades on, Ariana was able to hide how distraught she was but hope that Sean would think she was okay. Not buying in to her disguise, Sean walked up towards her, kneeling before her as he rested his hand on her knee.

“You can do this” Sean told her sweetly as he looked her dead in the eyes “Be brave” he told her as Ariana nodded in agreement with his message

“I’ll be with you every step of the way” Alexa told her friend before they both slowly stood, knowing all eyes were on Ariana as she would pay her final respects to her grandfather. Knowing what this walk would entail, Ariana began to cry with tears streaming down her face as it just seemed to hit as she faced Alexa and Sean. Walking towards her, Sean wrapped her up in a hug as if it were just an instinct he couldn’t break out of.

“Just cry. Let it all out” Sean whispered to her as she sobbed while he just held her close. Huddling around her daughter, Joan stood behind Ariana as she just rubbed her back. After a few moments, Sean slowly took her hand in his, knowing he’d have to take the lead for her or else she’d never have the strength to say goodbye. “C’mon, you can do this” he said as he nearly held her up so that she wouldn’t give out on him. Wrapping his arm around her waist, Sean guided her up and within a matter or moments she looked on at her grandfather. Struggling through the tears, Sean just rubbed her back to show his support for her “Take your time, there’s no rush” he told her as she did just that, took her time in saying her goodbyes.

[End of Flashback]

Remembering it like it was yesterday, Ariana felt the tear roll down her face as it quickly brought her back to the reality. After a few more days, Ariana had decided to forge ahead and slowly work herself back into the thick of things, which was promoting her album. Giving the picture of her grandfather a quick kiss before she put the photo down, Ariana got up from her seat on the bed and began to go through her phone for his number. While she prepared to call Sean, Ariana turned on the television and flipped through to hear the local entertainment news. Hearing the latest news of Kanye and Kim’s house warming party being that of a big deal in regards to the guest list, Ariana thanked God that she was given enough privacy to do simple things with her family and friends unlike Kimye as they dubbed them.