| 19 | Dinner and a Movie

| Ariel |

6:35PM. I made it just in time to drop off the cupcakes at my customers house before it got dark. There was still a good amount of light out but the sun was beginning to set, making way for dusk.

Putting the car in park I peered up at Damons apartment complex, it was made all up of steel frame and glass windows, I could just imagine the view as you look out the window at dawn, the sunrising, with a hot cup of coffee...maybe wrapped up in white sheets, naked underneath after a night filled with intense pleasure and undeniable passion?

I shivered at the thought, my eyes fluttering closed. I imagined it was me with Damon in that moment and he would come up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist, his lips dropping soft kisses to my neck as his hand handed under the crisp sheet that covered my body.

I shivered again but my eyes opened in a flash. Oh God, I had it bad for this man, I felt like I had to fan myself because the images my mind was coming up with building up fire within me and creating a delicious arousal between my legs.

I took in a trembled breath and shook free from my less than innocent thoughts.

Pulling the car visor down, I flipped the mirror open and made sure I didn't look as frazzled as I seemed. My red hair was still as straight as a needle and my lashes now popped against my brown eyes thanks to the black mascara and my lips glistened due to the sheer layer of lipgloss I applied. It wasn't much but it amplified my appearance a bit.

And here I thought I was promising myself I wouldn't wear make up today...

Just like I thought I wouldn't bother with my clothing either, but as I open my car door and step out I look down at my outfit and bite my lower lip, a small smile forming. I had changed into a denim button down shirt dress that hits me slightly above the knee, if you can picture that? With a thin leather brown belt tied at my waist to make it look smaller, but truly all it did was flare my hips out and accentuate the thickness I already knew I had. It was simple but pretty. I had it paired with light brown, peep toe ankle booties; they weren't too high in height because let's face it, Ive never been good with heels.

When I looked in the mirror, after I spent just ten minutes changing outfits, my heart warmed at the fact that I thought I actually looked pretty. I felt good in the outfit and I just hoped Damon would like it too.

I groaned, he probably won't give a damn. Emma is probably wrong about his attraction towards me and this flirtatious behavior he has been pinning me with is all just because he loves to gain reaction from me...

Then again that doesn't sounds like Damon, every time he tells me I look beautiful or he thinks I fucking gorgeous, there is an honest in his eyes and a seriousness in his tone that I can't doubt.

I don't know how he sees me or what he feels when I'm in the same room as him. For all I know, right now, we are simply friends. Its weird to say we are friends when I have such love and such strong feelings for him but Id rather have him as just my friend any day than not have him in my life at all. Four years was long enough, I don't think I could walk away from him again.

A loud DING! snapped me from my thoughts and before I knew it the elevator was opening up onto the 17th floor — Damons floor. My brow knitted in confusion but then I remembered the steps I took to get here, I must have been so lost in thoughts I was simply running on autopilot.

Taking barley one step to the left I came face to face with his apartment door. 1701. This is the first time I was here and truthfully I was nervous, I didn't know how he would feel about me showing up at his door unannounced. When I first arrived back in NY, he gave me his address just in case, if I ever needed him and he wasn't picking up his calls, so I hoped he wouldn't mind this.