Teaser | 39 |

A/N: Here is the little teaser/sneak peak I promise you all!😁 I hope you enjoy it for now and I will try my hardest to get the full chapter up in a few days or latest, by next weekend.😣 Im so sorry in advanced if it takes that long but I know you guys always show patience for me and I am grateful for that!

PS: I recall someone asking me if I knew how many more chapters were left in the book? Im sorry in advance for not remembering who it was,🙈 but with what I have left to write in the book I estimate about another 3 to 4 chapters plus the Epilogue. 

| Ariel | 

"I-I love you, Ariel."

The world around me froze as the words fell from his lips. Pins and needles pricked my skin as the small breeze picked up around us. My heart tried to break out of my chest and the confine of chains I had around it, but my head spun with an overwhelming flow of emotions. Shock being the main one.

"W-What?" I breathed out unable to comprehend what was happening and if I was dreaming or not. I should pinch myself. I looked down at my bare arm to do so but his voice had my head shooting back up his way.

"I love you so much Ari. I fell in love with you a long time ago, I was just too scared, too blind to see it before."

My lips parted with a silent gasp and I slowly removed my hand from his. My eyes squeezed shut and I shook my head trying to will away the hope he was digging up from deep down inside me.

"Ariel. Ari, please believe me. I swear to you this is real. This is how I feel and I'm not afraid of it anymore."

My eyes shot open and I shoved the hope so far back down that all my doubts started to resurface. I stood from my seated position on the wicker chair and covered my face with my hands in utter disbelief "Now?" I took a deep breath, removing my hands from my face and staring at him "Now you...How did you...I mean, when...?" words failed me as I tried comprehend how he suddenly found out he feels this way and why.

He stood, took a few long strides and faced her, his eyes pleading with hers. "This past month has been one of the hardest I've had to work through – "

I scoffed cutting him off immediately "The worst you have had to work through?" she then pointed to her chest and her voice got louder "What about me, did you think about how I was holding on? How I felt moving forward?! Did you think about anyone other than yourself Damon?!"

"I thought about you the whole fucking time Ariel!" he shouted back, his eyes burning fire into my own.

In the blink of an eye his hand was on my hip and he was pulling me into his body. My chest slammed against his while his other hand gripped the back of my neck keeping my forehead in place on his as he spoke, his breathing jagged.

"Do you know how hard it was to deny my real feelings for you? To not come take you back with me every night?" his voice harsh as he spoke through gritted teeth.

I shook my forehead against his and sighed "Then why did you? Why push it away if you felt it growing?"

He groaned and pulled away from my body, running a frustrated hand through his hair "Because I was a coward Ariel!" he shook his head and I can tell it was in disappointment with himself "I was so fucking scared of trusting again or getting hurt the hardest that I've ever been in my life, because if you hurt me Ariel I would never recover."

My heart hurt and tears burned behind my eyes. I wanted to cry for this man, he was dealing with such issues and he was opening his whole self to me.

"And when Emma told me about your date with Aden, I knew I was going to lose you and I can't Ariel. I have to fight for you, for us."

My brows furrowed and suddenly my heart was freezing in my chest. "You found out about my date with Aden?"

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and that was probably one of the first times I have seen him in such a manner. "Well I mean, yeah...I did."

"Oh my god..." My throat released a gasp.

I shook my head in utter disbelief. Now I knew. "That's it...that's why you're here! Jealousy!"

His eyes widened in realization of what I just pieced together and he tried to reach out for me but I just took steps away from him.

"The minute I'm ready to be happy and potentially move on you profess your love to me? You're not here because you realized you loved me, you're here because your jealous you can't claim me for yourself anymore!"

"No!" He shakes his head frantically and tries again to reach out to me but I'm not having it. Not now.

I can see the fear swimming in his eyes but even so, I know I'm not wrong. I can't be wrong. There is no way he truly feels this way, especially now. He has expressed so many times he would never let it happen.

"No, Ariel! I swear to you, that's not it at all! Fine, I was jealous at first but I wouldn't be here telling you I love you, if I really didn't. I wouldn't lie, not to you. Ariel, I haven't felt this way about anyone, not even Daniella."

The tears burned again and I squeezed my eyes shut, forcing them away, along with the warm feeling he was building in my heart from hearing those words: I haven't felt this way about anyone, not even Daniella.

I wouldn't break. I was going to show him the strong woman I can be. I took a deep breath, opened my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

"You know how long I have waited to hear you say those words? And now that I've heard them, I never thought my first reaction would be doubt."

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and continued on, hurt evident in my voice but I tried to play it off. "You weren't ready to grow up and love me the way you should have a month ago and all of the sudden you're ready? You mean a lot to me Damon but right now I'm not sure I can trust anything you say; not when the big green monster could be hidden behind your words." 

To be continued... 

What did you guys think?❤ I tried to add in what I thought you guys were dying to read which was were Damon finally admits to her but there is a lot more to this chapter, trust me! LOL. Did you expect this reaction from Ariel or did you think it would be a bit different?

Is there anything you would change about what you have read so far?🤷‍♀

What do you think will happen with the continuation of Chapter 39? Any Predictions?🤔

Love to hear from you guys so please don't be shy and don't forget to vote on this little teaser! 

Stay Safe all! 🙏

Xoxo

Lisamariee 💋