Epilogue

A/N: Its here! The End is finally here! Well technically chapter 43 was the end but whose keeping count? 

Read & Enjoy lovelies!❤ I really hope it turned out just like you had hoped and I didn't disappoint! XOXO.💋

| 4 Years Later |

| Ariel |

"...$40, $60, $80, $100..." I mumbled to myself counting out the last of the money in the register. Shifting from one foot to the other as the pain up my leg intensified, I pushed through and counted the last stack of bills which was the singles.

I will take all the leg cramps in the world in order to have the successful business I have now and its all thanks to my amazing husband because without him I could not even have started this so soon on my own. 

What was once a small online bakery called, Sweet Treats is now an 1800 sq. ft store front called Hendrix Cafe. Damon is lucky his last name is the same as the great Jimi Hendrix because now the bakery has double meaning to me (just don't tell him that). It is all I ever dreamed of and more, not too big and not tiny where you couldn't set a few tables around inside -- it was the perfect size with 3 tables and 3 long booths on either side. 

Looking at it from the outside you can see the white and black striped awning perched on a white store front with multiple small windows on each side and a black front door. Decorated with a couple black potted red flowers on each side and a small breakfast table with two chairs and an umbrella for shade, it was the perfect little bakery entrance. 

Once you stepped foot inside the bakery though, the black and white theme did not end. The whole bakery was covered in white subway tiles and stuck right behind the register was a huge chalkboard black sign that listed our entire menu and filled up almost the whole wall. Right in front of that was the black dessert case displaying all of my freshly baked sweet treats and sugar delights and right next to that was the register which was also black in color. 

My favorite about the design of our bakery was probably the flooring and light fixtures. I literally had heart eyes when Damon surprised me with the design one morning. The lights that hang from the ceiling were a matte black industrial dome light and gave a 1950s diner feel to the place. 

The tile flooring almost gave me a snake skin print vibe when I first saw them; showcasing black diamonds with smaller white diamonds overlapping. It was stunning. Damon put every single feature of the place together using my color scheme and ideas -- his artistic vision was perfect!

Oh, and did I mention hung up on our walls were various copies of my rock vinyl records collection protected in black frames? 

A tiny but loud baby laugh coming from one of the booths that sat closest to the front of the register, caused me to stop mid-count and look up...

My lips curled into a big smile at what I saw. Emma was bouncing a very excited Jax on her lap. Tyler was seated right next to her, his arm resting on back of the booth, behind Emma's shoulders. Jax threw his head back in a fit of giggles as Ty leaned over and buried his face in the baby's tummy, blowing raspberries. I watched as Emma looked up at her husband in love and admiration but my heart broke a little. She has wanted to be a mom for so long and her and Tyler deserved it. I prayed it would happen for them.

Sadly, Emma and Tyler haven't had the honor of welcoming a baby into the world yet. They finally got married 5 years ago, it was in April, the spring before Damon and I had our November destination wedding in Paris. They have been trying for the past 3 years and they have been to a few doctors already. Emma doesn't talk much about it and we don't like to push because it's such a sensitive topic for her but even we are afraid now that our best friend won't be able to have the things, she wants the most in this world.