| 20 | Giving In

A/N: A few days later than expected but I got it up soon enough!😘

Enjoyyy! 😉

| Ariel |

Waking up, I stretched my arms over my head and let out a little groan at the feeling of relaxed contentment. The pillowy bed beneath me felt so warm and comforting it almost didn't feel like the queen size mattress I sent half my life sleeping in at home...

Wait... 

I sat up on the bed with a jolt. I wasn't at home and this wasn't my bed, then it all started coming back to me what happened last night. I came over Damons apartment and ended up having dinner with him and did I spend the night?

I looked at the crisp white sheets covering me, keeping me tucked and warm. My eyes took their time to look around what I knew now had to be Damons bedroom. That in itself sent shockwaves through my body, Im seriously in his bedroom right now, and he put me to sleep in his bed? How many other woman have slept here with him?

A stabbing pain entered my heart at the thought. I couldn't think of the fact that I was sleeping in a bed that previous females laid naked, touching, fucking him. My hand went to my stomach as I felt a twist of disgust but I had to urge the feeling away. Im not his to be feeling this way, I have no right. He was just living his life, as much as it hurts me to accept that.

I finally rolled off the low height, king sized bed and immediately noticed a large window that took up the whole wall on the right side of the bedroom. Outside it was pitch black other than the glow from the street lights and passing cars. 

It wasn't morning yet? I questioned to myself. With the way I woke up I could easily have guessed that I had a good nights rest, at least eight hours sleep but if I had to guess by just looking outside and considering the time we started watching the first Harry Potter movie, I would think it was around mid-night, maybe a bit later?

Damon wasn't sleeping in the bed with me and I hope he didn't take the couch, that would make me feel just as horrible as I did back in Colorado when he made the decision to take the couch. I felt so bad that night, his body would have definitely had some knots and kinks if he would have stayed there all night.

Maybe he was still awake?

I made soft footsteps and trotted to the bedroom door, opening it and taking a peek out into the hallway. Everything seemed to be pitch black, except for a small source of light that seemed to be coming from beyond the living room. I made sure to continue to keep my footsteps light as I walked over to the other end of the apartment where Damons wide, tattooed back came into view.

I stopped my movements for just a minute to take in his relaxed form.

His back was facing me and it seemed he was sitting at a desk concentrated on writing something. I tilted my head slightly, my eyes loving the view they were experiencing. His forearm and hand seemed to move in equally graceful movements as he wrote and his back muscles twitched every so often. I licked my lips as my eyes wandered down his torso, finally noticing that he had changed from his black slacks to gray sweatpants and his feet still remained bare.

He looked perfect and he didn't even have to try.

I took the last remaining steps towards him and the closer I got the clearer it became to me that he wasn't writing, in fact he was drawing.

Wait, drawing? He liked art? I had no idea he had an artistic bone in his body, I didn't think he had a passion for drawing but by what I could see from over his shoulder he could be deemed a professional artist.