Chapter 17

A/N: Sorry again the title has changed from The Caelum's Dark Past to Recalling of the Past: A New Beginning. Starting this chapter I will not give chapter preview title for I kept changing it and kept adding new chapters.

There will be three Final fantasy guest characters that will be appearing in this chapter. One will play a vital role in the story and the reason why I fell in love with the Final Fantasy games. My favorite male character of all time...

There are two quotes in this chapter, one from a Final Fantasy game and the other is from a movie.

"It Is said some lives are linked across time..... they are connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages..... Destiny" -Prince of Peria: The sand of Time

Again credit the owners of the photos.

******************************

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩
Recalling of the Past: A New Beginning
"This is not the beginning of the end. It is the beginning of new hope we have created." - Cid (Final Fantasy Type-0)
✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

******************************

Two days have passed and both warriors are still sound asleep. But all their wounds are now healed, except for Astraea's wound that turned into a scar. Reno did not leave Astraea's side and kept watched over her. While the king is still busy doing damage control. Because of the recent attack, King Regis ordered to double no triple the security around and inside the Citadel and kept the Citadel on lockdown. Nobody can get in or get out without the King's permission or order. This went on for two days straight.

Clarus, his shield, was worried about the King's health both mentally and physically. After the attack, Regis did not sleep very well and kept exerting himself. Sleeping very late at night and waking up before the crack of dawn. His calm demeanor changed into a state of panic and unrest. Making the people around him feel the same way. So Clarus decided to comfort the king about his sudden change of behavior.

Clarus went into his chamber, he knocked three times, "Your Majesty, it's me Clarus, may I enter?"

"Yes,"

Clarus opened the door and walked inside to find the King busy at his desk, reading the report of the sudden rise of daemon outside the crown city. The shield saw the untouched food on the coffee table. He sighed in annoyance and looked at his friends. Regis's appearance was haggard and his hair was a mess and the bags under his eyes were very visible. Regis Kept Cor and Drautos busy, he kept ordering them to send more guards and glaives inside the Citadel leaving the crown city unprotected.

Clarus stopped and stood straight in front of the King's desk, hands behind his back, his eyes straight looking at the King. Regis did not even acknowledge him and kept working. He cleared his throat, "Is this a bit too much your Majesty? You even have taken almost all the glaives from the front line to be assigned here."

Regis was so busy reading the papers on his desk that he answered his shield without looking up. "No Clarus, this is still not enough! We need more guards inside the palace and make sure they are sworn to secrecy before they step foot inside the Citadel. We can't let the people of the city know what happened, it will only cause panic."

Clarus's face dropped as he looked at his friend. "But My King, Your making is worse, the people are now asking why the Citadel went into lockdown, the media is in our front gate asking for answers. They are looking for their King. You have been absent from the public eye for months now and now this... If you continue to act like this they will be anarchy."