Chapter 21

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩
Chapter 21: Recalling of the Past: The Founder King and The Ring of Lucii
"The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes." -Kingdom Hearts
✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

*****************************

Somnus leaned in and bowed his head and clutched his hands together remembering the last fun days they had before their lives changed, a smile appeared in his face. Reno saw this and could not decide if it was a genuine smile or a sad one. After all, Somnus is quite good at hiding his emotion. After living together all those years he only saw Somnus laugh heartily and let his guard down a couple of times. He still remembered the last time the siblings shared a heartfelt laugh together. The guardian was so busy looking at the founder King, that he did not notice that the sphere started to show his memory.

...

Reno was seated at the stone railing of the gazebo while Carbuncle was sleeping on his shoulder. It was a high afternoon and the siblings were enjoying a quiet game of chess on the table which was at the center of the gazebo. It was Ardyn versus Astraea while Somnus was busy polishing his sword while leaning on one of the pillars. He gazed at the lotus flowers around them. The flowers kept swaying with the wind and It gave a serene feeling. Suddenly Astraea let out a sigh of defeat and he turned his gaze.

Astarea leaned in and laid her head on her hands and looked at Ardyn, "I can't really win against you, Addy!"

Ardyn just chuckled, "You still need to practice more, Astra, maybe you should defeat Somnus before you can defeat me," he glanced at his brother. The founder king just shrugged his shoulder and unsummoned his sword and went towards them and took a seat next to them.

...

Somnus finally noticed it and looked up, "Is that?" he asked.

"Yes... sorry I will skip it," Reno is about to stop his memory but Somnus stopped him.

"No please... I want to see it,"

The guardian just nodded and his memory continued to play.

...

"Our brother is right...Come, Astra, let us play," Somnus said while arranging the board for the new game.

Come, Astra, let us play," Somnus said while arranging the board for the new game

His sister smiled and arranged her side of the board. Ardyn leaned back and watched his siblings play. In the middle of the game. Aera and Rosa arrived with snacks and drinks with Gilgamesh behind them.

"So who is winning?" Aera asked and went behind Ardyn and hugged him.

"Me..." Astraea answered.