21

3rd POV

Toshiro and Rangiku went to their office quickly to get some blankets and pillows and headed back to the room.
Toshiro took the seat next too Arisu.
Rangiku found it odd how her Captain volunteered so quickly and she's been staring at him for a while and has noticed how he has not take his eyes off her or the monitor. His eyes are slowly closing but he's forcing himself to stay awake.
"Say Taichou...Arisu has really made a big impression on everyone here huh" Rangiku asked
"She had a big personality like her cousin Kurosaki Ichigo" he spoke and she swore she saw a faint smile.
"She seems to be very fond of you as well Taichou" Rangiku smirked
"Matsumoto..." he growled as his eyebrow twitched.
Rangiku chuckled "I'm kidding....or was I..."
Toshiro glared at her and roughly turned to his side and covered himself with the blanket. He stayed still as he stared at Arisu's breathing.
"Wake up..." he whispered ever so softly. He closed his eyes and fell I to sleep as did Rangiku in the seat in the corner.

~•~•~•~

Arisu's POV

I felt so groggy...I opened my eyes but it felt my my eyes were literally glued. Once I got them open it was still dark in the room. After a few minutes of my eyes focusing I finally looked around...I had a mask over my mouth..."w-" I couldn't get the word out...my throat felt so dry.
I slightly turn my head to my left to see Shiro....I look with just my eyes around the room and see Rangiku as well both asleep.
I tried moving my arm but I felt so weak...I couldn't move I stared too panic..I felt anxiety coming over me..

3rd POV

Isane and Unohana were in their offices when they heard a alarm go off.
A door was slammed opened.
"C-Captain she's awake she's panicking!" A crazy haired Rangiku appeared at the door. They quickly made their way to the room to see Toshiro leaning over the bed a bit.
"Hey! Hey!" He held her shoulders and she stopped moving and looked at him.
"You're okay...breath.." he spoke to her sternly.
The girl stared up at his turquoise eyes..
"My..my" Unohana softly spoke

Arisu's POV

"You're okay...breath" he stared at me sternly but there was the same panic I had in his eyes.
He held my shoulders lightly.
I took deep breaths and the monitor beeping was slowing down.
"Breath again" his almost half lidded eyes stared into mine.
I breathed again and finally began to calm down.
He smiled and nodded "good you're okay Captain Unohana is going to talk to you" he slid his hand down my arm unconsciously as he walk back but I felt to scared...I don't know what's happening I quickly grabbed his palm.
He could noticed the fear in my eyes and worry...
"You want me to stay" he asked.
I nodded. He looked back and Unohana came forth..
"Hello Ari-san" she smiled her voice was always soothing to hear.
"I know you're probably scared...after our incident with Aizen you collapsed, you were punctured deeply your organs began to shut off we have to do a surgery and you fell into a prolonged coma not shortly after since your organs had been a little bad you went into cardiac arrest.." my eyes widened at her statement.
"We were able to get you back but we had to do surgery on you again to make sure nothing was bad and redo your stitches...you've been out for a good 2 weeks or so and you might not be able to speak right away the intubation from the surgery might have your throat very sore maybe even painful and you haven't used it in a while so please be patient" she looked at me reassuringly.
I nodded but felt the tears sting my eyes.
I wanted Ichigo...Uki....Inoue...here right now. I wanted ichigo by my side and Ukitake...I slowly let go of Toshiro's hand and reached out to hers.
She quickly gave me her hand...I turned it up and wrote slowly and shaking on her palm.
"Of course I'll have someone get them right away" she patted my hand and laid it down.
I closed my eyes..and breathed I felt my anxiety rising...what the hell..why did this happened to me.
She quickly left...
Toshiro shifted in his seat..."I'm sorry I couldn't protect you or help" he looked to the side.
I slowly got a hold of closet this I could grab which was his robe fabric.
He looked at me...I smiled and nodded "no"
He "Tsk" and looked down..and smiled ever so little before it disappeared.
"Ukitake is coming I'll come back tomorrow again" he stood up and I did t let go of his robe
"I promise" he said and I finally let go of his robe..
Toshiro walked out and and spoke to someone quickly.
Ukitake walked in still in his white sleeping robe..."Arisu..." he almost fell but grabbed himself with the bed...I tried moving but it hurt..
"I was so worried arisu!" He whispered and quickly leaned on the bed..
I looked at him and smiled tears stinging my eyes but didn't fall..
I nodded "yes"
"I'm so glad you're okay!" He caresses my head lightly
"We already sent someone to notify your cousin Ichigo but it's 2am there so maybe they will come here early morning" he smiled and I nodded...I frowned slightly.
I missed ichigo...I didn't even know what happened after the Aizen thing he was injured and all and Inoue healed him but still..
It was finally hitting me...I'm not used to being away from him this long...I want to go home. I want to go home...
I felt tears starting to fall...I breathed for air..it caught Ukitake's attention.
"Hey heyyy...it's okay it's okay! He will be here" he caresses my head.
  I laid there staring at the ceiling for around an hour until we heard loud footsteps.
"Where is she!"
Ukitake quickly got up and left the room...I tried turning my head..
"Ari!" A figure stood by the door..
I lost it...the water in my eyes blurred my vision..I was asphyxiating with the mask as I sobbed...and streams went down my face.

3rd POV

"Ari!" He immediately went to the bed and sat right  next to her. He removed the mask from her face and she  was able to take deep breaths.
Ichigo didn't hesitate to lean his head on the bed and throw his left arm over her.
You could hear his own sniffles coming from his hidden face.
Behind them stood Ukitake, Unohana, Inoue, Chad and Ishida it being 4am word spread quickly of Arisu awakening.
A sleepy Renji and Rukia were hurriedly walking followed by a Byakuya with none of his hair things.
"She's awake!" Rukia walked up to the door but stopped as she saw Ichigo asleep next to Arisu with his arm across her frail body.
"She's been awake for a whole bit she has been calling for Ichigo since she woke up she's very anxious at the moment which is understandable her body is trying to accommodate and she's processing it's a process so we need to be easy with her, and she's been bed bound for 3 weeks her
Muscles are very very...weak she's going to need help, but we have a matter to discuss" Unohana looked slightly hesitant.
Everyone turned to the women and Rukia turned.
"She's going to need physical therapy and a lot of resting and we cannot just dismiss our work and be by her side on the daily as much as we may want too but we know if we take her back to the World of the Living she will get her rest needed and physical therapy" she spoke
Ukitake seemed to frown but was the first to speak.
"It's true we've been putting it off...I've selfishly have been putting it off on purpose, but she needs to go back and get better if we would want to see her again" He squeezed his hands.
"I'll have arrangements made" Ukitake spoke.
"We will go gather her stuff" Rukia and Renji volunteered. Ukitake nodded for them to go.
"Chad, Ishida, Inoue come help us gather her things" Rukia spoke to them and they left to Squad 13 barracks.
"How about we get her a 'get well soon' gift" Unohana spoke to the two captains before her.
"We can get the captains to put in some thing so she can have something from us before she heads back home" Unohana smiled
"I'll have arrangements made" Byakuya had his eyes closed and nodded in agreement.
"I like that Unohana I'll go notify everyone" Ukitake smiled and headed out.
Unohana turned back the room to see Kurosaki and Arisu still asleep.