38

Arisu's POV

"These papers here if you are to sign them, they will legally allow for Jushiro Ukitake...Captain of Squad 13 to adopt you Arisu Kurosaki as his legal daughter" The head captain instantly gave me a smile.
My eyes widened..."w..what" I raised a shaky hand to cover my mouth. The tears began to sting my eyes...
Ukitake...the man who took the first chance he got to look before me no matter what...no matter his condition. This made me think back to when he was speaking to me about my mother on how they were in love and to when he told me when he found out I was her daughter it was the greatest gift she left for him.
The tears silently spilled out of the corner of my eyes.
"Now you have every right to decline thi-" I cut the head captain off
"May I have the papers please" I spoke with a shaky voice.
He nodded and I began walking to the head captain. When I got to him he handed me the papers and I read over them quickly.
I looked at the captain and he had a soft look in his eyes. According to many here Yamamoto trained and looked over Shunsui and Ukitake as if they were his own sons.
I engulfed the head captain in a hug. You could literally feel everyone freezing behind me from my action. Thinking of ways to claw me off the head captain. Ichigo was about to lunge but stopped when he saw the head captain wrap his one arm around me.
"Thank you...so much" my cracked voice whispered.
"You're welcome my child" he spoke in a soft tone.
I let go and stayed neared him.
"I hope you're ready to fill in my empty grandfather position" I chuckled lightly as I wiped my tears.
"Of course" he smiled lightly
"I'm going to take my leave now and find Otōsan" I said and he nodded
"Be careful" he said enough for me to hear and I nodded.
"Dismissed!" He ordered everyone else.
I quickly went to Shunsui and asked where he could be and he held out his arm, I eagerly held on and we moved quickly.
We arrived at a grassy hill.
"I'll wait here" he whispered. I nodded and in the distance I saw white hair flowing in the wind. I held the papers behind my back.
As I approached he sensed me and turned. His eyes widened "A-arisu!" He turned to me and I quickly sat down next to him. He let a frown fall over his face.
"What are you frowning for? Ichigo is fine" I smiled and he still didn't let up.
"...and the combat pass" he hesitantly asked.
"He took it with him, he's still going to be a Substitute Shinigami" I kept my smile.
He sighed and nodded.
"No one is upset with you he was actually looking forward to seeing you, we know you wouldn't do anything to harm us"
He finally smiled.
"You've both matured so much in such little time" He smiled more.
"Well we are human were still growing" I laughed
"Speaking about growing...your hair! The right side is completely turning white" He pointed out shocked. I nodded
"Yess I've noticed that but I like it a lot, in someway it makes me look like my otōsan" I nudged him and he laughed.
I got an idea...
"Oh shoot!" I slapped my forehead
"What's wrong ari!" Ukitake looked worried.
"I forgot...I needed a pen!" I sighed
"For what?! What's wrong?" He looked for upset.
I pulled out the papers.
"For these" I grinned widely.
His eyes widened "y-you have them already!! Y-you sure?!" He kept rambling on panicking.
I giggled at his reaction.
"Yess I didn't even hesitate to get a hold of the papers...I-...I don't think I would have been able to be who I am if it wasn't for you otōsan...I've been grateful everyday you were able to be apart of my life and I love you so much...I was to be your daughter legally on ink and paper" my voice cracked here and there.
"Aahhh...Ari you're gonna make me spill tears" Ukitake fanned himself with his hand.
"I want to sign them...now please" I looked at him and he out his arm around me and I threw mine around him.
"I'm so glad! I was very afraid you would've declined" Ukitake confesses
"Idiot....why would I ever" I scoffed
and he laughed.
"I see things went well" a voice appeared we looked up to Shunsui holding a pen.
He sat down and joined us.
I signed the papers quickly and folded them neatly.
Shunsui called his lieutenant to deliver the papers to Central 46.
"Well aren't we all just a big happy family now" Shunsui laughed with us.
I looked across as the wind blew.
Ukitake laid his hand over mind as I looked over the horizon. I closed my eyes.