42

Arisu's POV

I was about to walk in but Kyōraku stopped me. I looked back and he began to take off his hat and set it on the side at the entrance and he removed his pink haori. I looked at him and he looked at my pink kimono. (From previous chapter)
"Ahh...I should have probably told you to wear something less...pink" he scratched his head.
"Mmhh that would've been a good idea..."
He shrugged.
"Hey you're a noble head too, even if you left you still are start dressing like one" He  huffed. I looked at him in a "are you serious right now" way.
I sighed and closed my eyes.
"Ama is there anything you could lend me...less pink"
"Less pink it is"  I heard a reply and felt a warm sensation surround me.
I looked down and was content with it.
Traditional white dress. My hair still pinned up in a bun.
"Better?" Happy?" I looked over as Kyōraku who was nodding away. I shook why head in disapproval.
We made up the steps, and the doors opened.
They greeted Kyōraku, and we both bowed. They lead us inside after Kyōraku spoke with some people in the front. I'm assuming they're the servants here.
Quickly 6 bodies began to run to the entrance.
(Ukitake's sibling names were never revealed so I'll be avoiding names, buts for sure it's 5 bothers and 1 sister)

Everyone began greeting Kyōraku quickly and hugging him and speaking with him.
"Nee neee...umm have you all spoken with Ukitake recently?" Kyōraku ribbed the back Of his neck. I'm assuming his unsure if Ukitake told them....
....
....
OH MY GOSH....did Ukitake tell them! I yelled in my head as I came to realization.
I looked for their response.
"Oh yess! After the winter war he did stop by and stayed for a bit but left in a hurry the day after something about papers..." The girl answered, but the boys kept a straight face.
My heart began racing....he didn't tell them. Why was I so hurt.
I looked over at Kyōraku who gave me side glance and I nodded him "no".
"Well....umm I have favor to ask" Shunsui spoke.
"Sure no problem, but whose that" one of the boys pointed out.
"A-ah.." I stuttered.
"She's Ukitake's new 3rd seat!" Shunsui quickly covered. I looked over at him and smiled, but inside I was hurting more as we kept going on.
They guided us to a common area to sit with tea.
"That dress is beautiful!" I turned to the girl whose looks like Ukitake with black hair.
I smiled and thanked her.
"So what is it that you wanted to speak to us about" the eldest of the boys I was assuming asked.
"Well you see, Arisu here is a dancer, and she was asked my the Kuchiki's to preform this year at the Sakura festival-"

"Shes preforming at the Sakura Festival!!...and was asked by the a kuchiki's!!" The girl and another young boy spoke in sync...now that I look at them their actually twins fraternal.
I nodded back at them.
"That's..that's so amazing! Like how! They're like the nobles of nobles!" One of the other brothers asked.
"I-I share a close relationship with the heads younger sister, and was asked by him to help her on her performance and preform myself" I informed them calmly but they just kept a flabbergasted stare.

"So let me get this right...the Kuchiki's...plural...didn't ask you no no...Byakuya Kuchiki the head!!! Asked you to not just help his sister but preform..." The young boy spoke.
I chuckled and nodded.
"Who are you...?"
"Are you a noble or something?"
"Honestly!?"
I started being bombarded with question.
"Okay okay guys...well we just wanted to ask if (little sister if Ukitake) here can let Arisu here record the choreography for the Dance of Haniyasu she wants to represent Ukitake's family name on stage" Shunsui explained and they were even more shocked.
"Are you serious..." One boy asked and we both nodded.
"Id love to help...but I don't dance well...I learned it briefly from a past relative" the girl spoke and I smiled at her nodding.
I quickly recorded the dance from the young girl and thanked her and asked her a few questions regarding clothing and hair and all that stuff for the performance.
After we finished we made our way back to the boys.
We spoke a little more regarding, the festival and how they are welcomes to come and they immediately agreed.
We were having a nice conversation till the eldest asked.
"Kyōraku Taichou...why hasn't nee-San visited, its been almost more than a year since the winter war...and we heard rumors, but we don't get told everything like you all do" He asked in all seriousness. Me and Shunsui looked at eachother not knowing what to say.
"Tell us...please" The girl pulled on Shunsui's robes.
Shunsui sighed...and my heart began to race. I felt it in my throat.
"Ukitake...really needs to be more responsible" He rubber his forehead before facing them.
I felt like I was going to throw up.
"Ukitake has a daughter" he said and all you heard was a glass break when one of the boys dropped his cup.
"He what..."
It was dead silent.
"Ukitake has adopted and now has a daughter" Shunsui repeated. It was dead quiet for a while.
"I-I don't understand why he wouldn't tell us..something like that especially!" The young girl was clearly upset.
"Who is she? If she even a Soul reaper"
"How dare he not tell us this"
"What if she's just burdening nee-san and his health!"
"Nee-sam can't have a daughter his health cannot be put aside!"
The sibling began bombarding us with complaint and I just kept feeling my heart sink...why wouldn't he tell them.
"I won't accept this, HER...how could nee-san just disregard us..." the young girl stood quickly and I quickly looked at them all. Holding scowls and frowns.
I sighed and closed my eyes.

"I'll be sure of notifying him and make sure he sees you this weekend at the festival, but we must take our leave now" I spoke and stood up Shunsui followed. We made it to the door when the girl spoke.
"Make sure to tell nee-san not to bother introducing her...clearly it wasn't that important to notify us of, might as well keep it that way and tell him we'll see him this weekend." She spoke and quickly left.
We both bid our goodbyes and left the estate.

We walked from the estate for a little, slowly.
"Why...why didn't he tell them" I whispered and Shunsui sighed.
It started to rain lightly.
"In all honesty I don't know...maybe he was scared of rejection from the elders coming from his family. If Byakuya received hatred over marrying someone from the outside same thing with bringing someone as a child" he tried explaining, but I still was hurt.
"Can we just get home Kyōraku Ojisan...please" I tried not to get emotional just yet, I just want to be alone.
I felt myself be covered from the rain.
He wrapped one side of his huge pink haori over me and brought me close to him and we took off. He moved fast again. Once we arrived in seretei. He stopped once we entered the gates.
"Do you want to go home?" He asked and opened his haori a bit so I can look up at him. I shook my head 'no'
"Imma go help Rukia with her dance...and then I'm going practice mostly until the festival to get this down" I began to walk away.
"You're gonna avoid him all week" He asked and I turned back to him.
"I rather avoid him and try to understand than go and say something I'll regret later" I answered and flashed stepped to the Kuchiki estate. It was raining my dress was soaked.
The entrance servants let me in and quickly gave me a towel to dry up.