(1) She's A Rebel

Today was just another dull boring day in the life of Demetria Miller. Or so she thought...

___________________________________________________________

"Nobody likes you

Everyone left you

They're all out without you having fun"

Usually I would smack the hell out of my alarm clock to shut it up. But not today. Letterbomb was on. And anyone who knows me, knows I love Green Day. 

I combed out my black hair and teased it a bit before adding some hairspray. I grabbed a Nirvana sweatshirt and my black ripped skinny jeans. I did my makeup. Just black eyeliner and some mascara. I added a bit of concealer and but on my favourite red high tops.

"It's not over till you're underground"

Reluctantly, I turned off the alarm and headed down stairs.

I poured myself a bowl of Fruit Loops and sat at the counter and ate my breakfast. My mom came down the stairs on cue and made herself a cup of coffee. 

She eyed my outfit. "So, are you really leaving the house like that?" she asked. 

"Yep." I said popping the 'p'. 

She let out a sigh. "Well have you made any new friends since we've moved here? It's been 3 months." Mom always pesters me to make new friends but frankly, I'm just not that interested in befriending any of the assholes at my school. 

"Nope." I replied popping the 'p' again. She sighed, "Demi why do you insist on being anti-social?" "I'm not anti-social mom. I just don't like anyone at my school." I replied coolly. 

I could see my mom's calm facade slowly breaking. "Demi, you should try and make some friends. We're not moving again-" 

I couldn't help but cut her off. "You said that last time and what happened mom? We ended up moving." my statement ended up coming out way more harsh than intended. 

"It's not my fault Steve kicked us out!" Oh here we go, AGAIN.

Steve was my mom's last boyfriend. He was an alcoholic who used and abused my mom. I stood up for my mom knowing that she wouldn't. One day because of me, he got angry and threw us out. My mum blamed me constantly for us being homeless until she found us a small apartment to live in just outside of Baltimore, Maryland. 

"He was a cunt mom, and you know it.." I stated the obvious. 

"Demetria Rosemary Miller, watch your mouth." Ugh, Demetria Rosemary. An ugly name in my opinion. Wish I had a different one to be  honest. That's not the point.

 "Whatever. You know I'm right but you won't admit it." I replied coldly.

 "You think you know everything don't you? Steve was a nice guy he just had a little anger issue." As if she was taking his side on this. 

"Mom do you hear yourself right now? Steve is an alcoholic woman-beating drugged up son of a bitch. He abused you and me both constantly and you're gonna tell me that he is a 'nice guy'?" I used my hands to do air quotations to add emphasis. She looked stunned. She opened her mouth and closed it. My mum was speechless and knew I was right. 

"You're such a bitch some times you know that Demi?" she tried to change the subject. I just smirked, "So I've been told." I pursed my lips. She just shook her head. "Me and Steve could've made it through but you stuck your nose in our business AGAIN." she spat at me.