Chapter 01: The Scenarios

Do you know how it feels like to be broken? Lost? Confused?

I think I do. Ever since this weird thing started showing, my life has never been normal. I became emptier than I've ever felt before. The vines of despair are holding me tight. Should I hold on to it too?

Marahas akong napabuntong-hininga. I am now again lost in my darkest thoughts. This happens from time to time especially when I'm left alone. Even if I try not to think about it, the thoughts would just immediately rush out like the water from a broken faucet wanting to be fixed.

Pinagmasdan ko ang mga estudyanteng naglalakad sa pasilyo ng pinapasukan kong university. Nakasandal ako sa pader sa gilid habang hinihintay iyong magaling kong kaibigan. Kanina pa ako naiinip dito. Ang bagal niya talagang kumilos.

"Heavenly!"

Lahat ng tao ay napatingin sa kaniya dahil sa lakas ng kaniyang sigaw. Tumatakbo ito papunta sa akin na parang madadapa pa yata. I put my palm on my forehead, stressing myself as I look at her running towards me clumsily. 

The moment she's within my reach, I grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the crowd. 

"I told you not to call me with that name!"

"Oops, sorry po!" She put her hand beside her face while doing a peace sign.

"What took you so long?" Her lips formed a pout when she heard my question.

She's very childish. I don't even know why she became my friend. We have totally opposite personalities. She's this super energetic girl that you usually see running around the campus like a child, just so she could be the first one to reach the cafeteria.

To think that she's already in college for Pete's sake.

"Kasi naman Heavenly-"

"Stop with that name!" I said warily.

She's doing it on purpose and it's definitely not funny!

"Opo, ito na! Take two. Kasi naman, Ven! Ang tagal magpalabas no'ng prof namin. It will be better if he's actually deaf since he doesn't hear the ringing of the bell anyway."

I chuckled while looking at her. She looked cute when she started pulling the hem of my shirt like a child. Childish na nga, mukha pang bata. Idagdag mo na height niyang five flat lang.

She definitely looks like a twelve-year-old kid lost inside the campus.  

"Let's go. I hate the eyes around here,"I said, leading her away while glaring at the group of girls nearby, obviously backstabbing us.

"Ang init ng ulo mo. Tinitingnan lang, e. Malay mo nakatingin sila kasi namamangha sila sa ganda natin." She giggled sarcastically with her own statement and I just rolled my eyes.

I know that's not the case. I know my reputation in this damn place and it's not even close to positive.

Hindi ko na lang pinansin iyong sinabi ni Colleen at nagpatuloy na lang sa paglalakad palabas ng university. She was tailing me from behind while skipping happily.

We were about to go out of the campus grounds when something happened that made me stop walking.

I stood frozen still in place in the midst of people walking out of the university. And because of that, Colleen bumped her head on my back.

"Aray naman, Ven! Ba't bigla kang huminto?" Narinig ko pang reklamo niya.

Ito na naman.

I'm seeing it all again... these scenarios.