Chapter 43: The Final Attack

"What?! How?!"

"The intel that was given to us was fake. They already broke though our first line of defense."

We're currently running towards the main gate of the palace. Vyl is tightly holding my hand. I know he's panicking inside and he's trying hard not to show it.

"What's the situation?" We all stopped running as we waited for Zy's response.

"Critical."

I saw how Vyl's both palms curled into fists when he heard the bad news. His eyes turned cold as the atmosphere around us became heavy. I'm scared. Not for myself but for him and the entire Pluvilia.

"Call Willow!" Vyl shouted to the nearest guard and it obliged immediately, not saying anything back. "Zyrent, make sure all the troops are ready. We're doing the old strategy."

Zy nodded before flying away. Vyl turned to me and I almost cried when I saw his expression. "Stay here with Willow. She will protect you in the meantime. I need to be in the front lines but I promise I'll be back as soon as possible."

He hugged me tight and kissed my forehead before he flew upwards. Bago pa man siya makalayo, tinawag ko siya dahilan para saglit siyang mapalingon sa akin. "Please be careful."

He just gave me a soft smile before going. I clutched the hem of my dress tightly. Ayaw ko man siyang pabayaan mag-isa, wala rin naman akong magagawa. I'll just be a hindrance if I insist on coming.

"Ven..." I heard Willow called me. I looked at her who's currently standing behind me while trying to hold back tears. Pakiramdam ko bigla na lang tutulo ang mga luha ko dahil sa pag-aalala.

She hugged me and all I did was to lean on her shoulder. I can feel my whole body shaking. "It's okay. Everything's going to be alright."

I know deep inside me that it's not going to be that easy.

Willow took me back inside the palace because it's much safer there. I went inside my room because I forgot to take the gem and she just followed me from behind.

Willow also said to pack my things just in case. Even though I'm confused, I just followed what she said. I packed only the necessary things including my mini guitar and the severing gem. I put them in one bag.

I also made sure that the gem is wrapped in a thick cloth so it wouldn't get scratched from bumping things inside the bag. It would immediately affect me so I need to keep it safe.

When I'm done, Willow and I went out and she said we would stay in a much more secluded place just within the palace's walls to ensure my safety while we wait for the Enchantress.

"Why is the Enchantress coming?" I raised a brow in confusion. I didn't know anything about that.

"Wait, Vyl didn't inform you? I thought you knew."

"About what?" I don't know why but I felt even more nervous.

Ano'ng gagawin dito ng Enchantress?

Willow was about to answer my question when someone spoke so it interrupted our conversation.

"Here you are." We both glanced at the person who's now walking towards us.

"Elliya!" I shouted when I recognized who she was. "Oh my god, how have you been?"

I haven't seen her since that... incident happened. I didn't even know that she was still here in the palace. I know it wasn't really her fault but Vyl was too emotional that time. Who knows what decisions he made back then.