Chapter 42: Emerald Eyes

I saw myself at the edge of a certain cliff, beneath a very odd tree. White leaves were falling from it that gave me an eerie sensation. I was like inside a 90's television. Everything was in black and white.

My gaze landed on the guy beside me. Vylant was looking at me intently but with a sad expression plastered on his face.

Everything has no color except me and him. It felt weird especially when he touched my cheek softly and I felt the warmth of his hand.

I was lying on the grass with him, captivated by his peculiar eyes. Those pair of eyes was green as emerald stones, fascinating and deep as if it can pierce through my soul. Hanggang ngayon, sa tuwing napapatingin ako sa kaniyang mga mata, nabibighani pa rin ako.

"Different worlds are not enough to keep us apart."

I stared at his emerald-colored eyes as he said those words to me. Nalalanghap ko ang mabango niyang amoy sa lapit ng distansya namin sa isa't-isa.

Pilit akong nakangiti sa kaniya habang nakahiga kami sa damuhan, sa ilalim ng buwan. I felt a tear rolled down my cheek. I was about to wipe it off but he was quick to wipe it for me using his thumb.

Kahit halos sumabog na ang puso ko sa samu't-saring emosyong nararamdaman ko, mas pinili ko na lamang kumalma at tumitig sa kaniya. I badly want to scream, to cry my heart out. My emotions were overflowing especially when I realized how familiar this place was. This situation...

This was what I've been dreaming ever since I was a kid. The scenes are finally getting clearer. Like the place I once called the 'edge of nowhere' was actually the edge of a cliff located somewhere in the kingdom.

And why everything is in black and white except the both of us...

This is actually a sacred place for all Pluvenians. Only the royal family are allowed to enter for safety purposes but for some reason, Vyl brought me here.

"I'm taking you back to your world soon."

I bit my lower lip when I remembered what he had said earlier. It made me numb and I wasn't able to say anything back. He said it would be better if I go back while the Lunarians haven't attacked yet. Mas mapapanatag daw ang loob niya kapag bumalik na ako sa mundo ko.

But I don't want to leave him...

Not like this. I want to help so badly but I still don't know what to do.

When he noticed that I've gone silent, he took me out and said he wanted to show me something. He carried me all the way here because I still can't walk properly.

I never expected a place like this exists. It's located underground just below the palace. And the white tree, it's not just any tree. Vyl called it the core of Pluvilia. It's the source of their energy, electricity and other essentials needed to stable their lives.

No wonder why they have electricity when I can't even see a single power source. It was this.

The tree bark is pure white so does the leaves and I can see some glowing veins running inside the bark like Christmas lights. All of it were glowing. It's very beautiful.

"This is the Lunarians' goal. If they destroy this tree, there will be nothing left in Pluvilia. Everything will get destroyed."

He stretched his right hand upwards and caught a piece of leaf falling down in his direction. He stared at it intently for a few seconds before letting it go.

"The kingdom was built right above it to keep it safe and since then, it's the royal family's responsibility to protect it. But I'm afraid the Lunarians now know where this is so they're attacking here directly."