Chapter 41: From Smoke To Fire

Warning: R-18

There's a point in our life where we are meant to break. I didn't believe that at first because I have always been broken. It's not just a point in my life, it was everyday of it.

But now, I am certain that it's true. I never thought that I would be as helpless as this. I don't know what I should do, where I should go. We got the gem but I feel so far from our goal.

I just want to go home.

I sighed as I strum the strings of my mini guitar, playing the next tune for the song I was making. Back against the headboard.

Who am I kidding? Go home? I've never felt so home when I'm with Vyl. Things will never be the same without him. Pinunasan ko ang isang luhang biglang kumawala sa aking mata.

"Finally found a place that I can call my home..."

I sang the last line of the song as I strum the last melody on my mini guitar. I put the instrument on the bed before hugging my legs. I placed my chin on my knees as the tears stream down my face.

Klyne jumped on my shoulder and rubbed his face on my cheek. I gave him a soft kiss on the head and he made his cute animal sound and licked my hand.

I smiled because I know he's trying to make me feel better. "Thank you," sabi ko bago ko siya kinarga at pinanggigilan. He's so adorable. His tails are so fluffy when it touches my cheek.

Pagkatapos naming magkulitan, ibinaba ko siya sa aking kandungan. He cuddled closer to me and lied down on my lap, staring at me first before slowly closing his icy blue eyes.

Cute.

I stroked his soft fur before looking in front. Natulala na naman. I was able to finish the song. My emotional state was a bit helpful. It came out great actually. But obviously, I am in no mood to celebrate the first song that I composed.

Now... I don't know what to do next.

I sighed heavily and looked at the window beside me. I can feel the heavy aura surrounding the palace ever since we came back. It has been a day and I haven't seen Vyl yet.

The moment we arrived, he was immediately summoned by the officials and has not shown himself to me ever since.

He must be really busy. I know for a fact that the kingdom is in chaos right now because their prince has not succeeded in obtaining his full power. All because of me. Vyl told me that we will not break the gem. He'll find another way but I wonder if there is.

I opened the drawer beside the bed and took the shining emerald stone. The severing gem.

Vyl gave it to me before we arrived, saying that I should be the one to keep it safe. Well, this thing will determine my life after all. If accidentally destroyed, I will die.

I held it in my hands, staring at it while still mesmerized. How can something this beautiful be so dangerous?

Napatalon ako sa gulat nang biglang bumukas ang pinto ng aking kuwarto. Nabitawan ko ang gem at mabuti na lamang ay nasa kama lang ito nahulog. Even with the soft impact, my heart was already throbbing like crazy. It was that fragile that even a small scratch would make me groan in pain.

Vyl was standing at the opened door, holding the door knob with tired eyes. When our gaze met, he flashed me a soft smile but it immediately faded when he saw my shocked reaction.

"Handle it more carefully," he said while walking towards me. He knows how much this gem can affect me so worry is evident in his eyes while he sat on the edge of the bed. "How are you?"