Chapter 35: Thank You

I was stunned. It was hard for me to process what was happening. Na estatwa ako sa kinatatayuan ko habang nanlalamig na nakatitig sa lagay ni Willow.

A helpless moan escaped her lips as Lezabel twisted her hand inside Willow's stomach. Blood is gushing out from it, soaking her light purple dress. I saw how she vomitted blood as I just stood there, paralized.

Lezabel pulled out her hand as Willow's body slowly fell on the ground. The sound of her body falling on the ground suddenly brought me back to my senses.

"Willow!"

My voice came out hoarse as I desperately gathered her in my arms. Tears rolling down my cheek as I place her weakening body on my lap. Ang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko. Pakiramdam ko ay mawawalan ako ng hininga ano mang oras.

"No, no, please. Please," pagmamakaawa ko nang makitang nag-aagaw buhay na sa harapan ko si Willow.

Inihawi ko ang hibla ng mga buhok niya na tumatabing sa kaniyang mukha. Tumutulo na rin ang luha niya na mas lalo pang nakapanghina sa akin.

"You can't die Willow. Stay with me. Stay with me please."

Umaagos ang masaganang dugo mula sa kaniyang bunganga habang kumakapit nang mahigpit sa damit ko. All I can hear are my continuous sobs and Willow's desperate breathing for air.

"I-I'm..."

She wants to say something but the blood in her mouth is in the way.

"Stay with me. You can't leave me here. Willow, damn it! No!" I leaned on her as I desperately pleaded for her to stay.

"This is a pleasure to see," Lezabel said with amusement.

Lezabel went closer to us and before I knew it, Willow's body slowly decayed. My breathing ragged as I struggled to keep her body together. "No, no, no! Please, don't! Don't take her away! No!"

Nagmamakaawa na ako ngunit tawa lang ang isinagot sa akin ni Lezabel. I screamed with everything I got. Wala akong pake kung mawawalan ako ng boses sa lakas ng sigaw ko. I pleaded over and over again but she just won't listen. She enjoys seeing me in this desperate state. Suffering.

Tuluyan na akong natulala nang unti-unting naging usok ang katawan ni Willow. I saw how Lezabel breathed everything in. Willow's remains that turned to smoke went inside Lezabel's nose and mouth.

She devoured everything. It's hideous to look at. She's a monster. It was wrong for me to think that there's still something alive in there.

Wala akong ibang nagawa kundi ang umiyak na lang habang nakasalampak sa lupa. I just saw how Willow died in front of me.

I just saw how my friend died. And I can't even do anything.

"That was satisfying." Her amused voice echoed in my ears. Tormenting me as I desperately try to block it away.

"Everytime I devour a soul, I can see their memories. It becomes a part of me. So you stole the man she loves..."

Her statement made me lift my head to look at her. Anger is clearly evident in my eyes.

She smirked when she knew that she hit a nerve.

"You think so high of yourself when you actually stole something too. How pathetic." Bumaba ang tingin niya sa kamay ko. Napatingin rin ako roon at nalamang sa singsing pala siya nakatingin. The ring that Vyl gave me the time we went to Wilhelmn village. "Congratulations for winning the prince over."

She gripped my chin tightly that made me groan in pain. She giggled in front of me as if like she just thought of something amusing.

She abruptly stood up, tossing me on the ground. I spit out the dirt that got in my mouth because of what she did.