Chapter 44: Always And Forever

Warning: Violence, Death

"Break the gem for me."

When she said those words, I could feel my whole world crumbling at this very moment.

"V-Ven..."

I was crawling on the ground, trying to reach her just to stop her from doing what she's about to do.

No... I can't let her do that. I'm not losing her!

She bent down to whisper something to Willow and smiled as tears fall down her eyes. I'm not liking that smile.

I groaned in pain when I felt my bones cracking as I move closer to her. Fuck that emperor! He was looking at me with an amused smile plastered on his face. He fucking looks entertained while watching us suffer in front of him.

I glanced at Ven again and saw her holding the gem close to Willow. I knew she was hurting when she put her hand on her chest and clutched her clothes tightly. I can also feel my heart throbbing.

She's holding the gem too tight!

I tried to stand up but my body was not responding anymore. I coughed blood and I can also feel a warm liquid dripping from my nose when I forced myself to move.

Fuck! Move, damn it!

I can't help the tears escaping my eyes. Please, I can't lose her. I would rather die than lose her too. I've lost too much already. I failed to save my parents and I'm willing to accept all the punishment just please, let me save her.

I've been tortured too much and I won't complain if there's still more, just don't take her away. She's too precious, she doesn't deserve any of this. If there's someone to blame, it's me. Just kill me instead.

"Ven, don't do this."

I told her in mind link but she's not listening to me!

I was desperate. I crawled and crawled, enduring the pain even if it's getting worse. I didn't mind even when I was crying blood. I didn't mind even when I can't feel my legs anymore. I just want to go to her, and hold her in my arms.

I kept calling her name in mind link because no voice would come out of my mouth anymore. Her attention was on Willow who was also crying on her lap.

I almost shouted when she put Willow's hand on the gem. She has this expression that was breaking my heart into pieces.

I can feel my heart stopped when she looked at me with face soaked in tears.

She smiled, like an angel she always was. The angel who became my light, who gave colors in my once dim world. She was the one who completed my very existence.

She mouthed the words that once made me so happy but now it only means that she's about to leave me.

"I love you."

Willow's hand glowed while she's holding the gem. At that moment, I knew what she's about to do.

My vision was getting blurry but I still crawled, even tried to stand up but my bones in every corner of my body were cracking and breaking and I always fall back down on the ground. I cursed loudly when I vomited more blood.

When Ven screamed in pain, I can't take it anymore. I cried and cried, I prayed to the entire universe to stop the pain she's feeling. She was now also coughing blood as her body fell on the ground. But her eyes didn't look away from mine.

When the severing gem broke, it sent everything in haywire.

Everything stopped, my body felt strange and I couldn't breathe. I was groaning, shouting as something was surging through my body. I was thrashing around, kicking everything my feet touches.