Chapter 34: Spirit Of Lezabel

The fight with the Barrow Beast made everyone extremely exhausted, and that includes me. I actually felt mentally drained because of the fear that filled my entire system the whole time.

We walked for a few more hours to get away from the Barrow Beast's domain thinking that another one might show up again. When I can't take another step because of exhaustion, they finally decided to rest for a while. I leaned myself on a tree bark, face crawling with beads of sweat and a little out of breath.

"Are you okay?" Vyl went closer to me and touched my sweaty face worriedly.

"Water," sabi ko sabay upo sa isang malaking ugat ng puno na kasalukuyan kong sinasandalan.

Dali-dali naman siyang kumuha ng tubig sa supplies namin na naka sabit sa pegasus. Water bottles here are like jars but made of wood in different sizes. Naubos ko ang laman ng isang jar dala ng sobrang pagka uhaw. Kung puwede lang liguin ko ito dahil pawis na pawis na ako, ginawa ko na kaso kailangan namin magtipid.

"We should sleep for now. I think it's about night time already," sabi ni Vyl at umupo sa tabi ko.

It's an endless night time here in Arcanum Forest. No light peeking at the leaves and branches of the trees, just pure darkness so we never know what time it is. We just trust Vyl's instinct.

Zy and Pillow sat on a big boulder across us, starting to feel the exhaustion too.

"You guys rest. I'll take first watch," anunsiyo ni Vyl sa lahat.

My mind started to wonder if it'll be like this for the next few days. I might not be able to keep up because of my mortal body. Ngayon pa lang pakiramdam ko ay namumutla na ako.

Hinapit ako ni Vyl papalapit sa kaniya at ipinahiga ang ulo ko sa kaniyang balikat.

"Sleep."

Like a kitten seeking for warmth, I moved closer to him and encircled my arms around his waist while I positioned my head on his chest. His right arm, draping around my shoulder. He kissed the tip of my head and just like an enchantment, I immediately drifted to sleep.

---------------

That night, I had the strangest dream.

Mom, preparing food on the breakfast table while Dad is seated on one of the chairs, reading the newly delivered newspaper for that day with a cup of coffee in one hand. Hellios, still half asleep, going down the stairs to join them for breakfast.

The nostalgic scene gave a pang in my chest. I must admit that I miss them. I'm not the type to be homesick but I guess with everything that had happened, I'm seeking the warmth of my family.

Hellios sat down by the glass table and Mom already finished preparing the food. Dad lowered his newspaper and set it aside to eat.

But I noticed something strange. They look... tired?

I slowly walked towards them and just realized that there are dark spots under their eyes. They barely move their utensils to eat. I can see tears streaming down Mom's face.

What's happening?

I can see their lips moving but I can't hear the words coming out of their mouth. My forehead creased, trying to understand their conversation. Hell stood abruptly and stormed up the stairs towards his room.

I called out to him but shocked when I also can't hear my own voice. Then everything spun, like a maelstrom of splashing colors, erasing the previous scene. I can feel everything moving like an extreme turbulence. I closed my eyes as my vision started to blur because of dizziness.