Chapter 16: Cultural Festival

So, guess what? Today is the first day of the cultural festival!

I admit that I'm a little excited this year. Maybe because I have more people to have fun with unlike in the past. I have Colleen, Vyl and the band members.

The battle of the bands will be held tomorrow. The celebration and school events are for two whole days so we have today to have fun and then we'll think about the pressure of the competition tomorrow.

For the first time in a while, I excitedly got up from my bed. Nag-inat inat muna ako bago tuluyang tumayo at nagprepare nang maligo. Wala na sa tabi ko si Vyl. Malamang mas excited pa sa akin iyon simula nang malaman niyang isasama ko siya sa university namin para sa cultural festival.

The university is open for outsiders this time. As long as a student from our school invited them then there's no problem. There will be a lot of people again but I'm not that bothered by it now since I'm with my... friends. I smiled with that thought.

Natapos na akong maligo at kasalukuyang naghahanap ng damit na maisusuot. Hindi namin kailangang mag uniform ngayon dahil nga sa event and as long as may suot kaming ID, hindi kami papagalitan.

I chose to wear a floral yellow wrap dress that fits perfectly around my waist. I decided to braid my hair all the way from the top of my head to the tip. Natagalan ako doon dahil sa haba ng buhok ko. I applied light make-up to lessen the paleness of my face. My complexion has always been pale and I look sick all the time because of it. I looked at the full length mirror to see my final look. The color actually complemented my skin. My whole get-up screams the vibe of the upcoming summer.

Handa na sana akong lumabas ng biglang tumunog ang phone ko. It's my brother's name that's currently flashing on the screen. Sinagot ko agad ito.

"Hey, ate!"

"Yes, my dear little brother? Good morning to you too."

"Woah. Mukhang good mood ka yata?" I rolled my eyes even though he can't see me. Balak niya yatang sirain ang umaga ko.

"What do you want?" Diretso at walang ganang tanong ko.

"And she's back!" Blangko akong napatingin sa kawalan. Tumatawa kasi siya at inaantay ko pang matapos. "So... you're now part of a band, huh?"

I gasped silently because of shock and my brows instantly furrowed. I never told them about me joining a band. "H-How did you know about that?"

"Oh, come on, sis. Did you really think you can hide something that big from me? And to think you're even participating in your school's battle of the bands competition."

Nagpakawala ako ng isang marahas na hininga at napahilot sa aking sentido. He's not supposed to know that. Knowing Hellios, sa daldal niyang iyon, aabot talaga sa mga magulang namin ang tungkol dito. And I don't want them to know yet.

"You forgot that you're famous and you obviously know that I'm famous too. All Salazar are," mapang-asar pa niyang dagdag. Hellios is annoying yes, but he's very protective and caring. Inaaway niya ang lahat ng taong naririnig niyang pinagsasalitaan ako ng masama. Magkaiba kami ng paaralang pinapasukan at kahit sa kanila ay kilala ako.

"Is the competition today? I'll go watch," patuloy niya pa ring salita.

"No. Dalawang araw ang cultural festival at sa ikalawang araw gaganapin ang battle of the bands."

"Okay then." Natahimik siya ng ilang segundo bago nagsalita ulit. "You're not lying, are you? So I can't watch my heavenly sister singing with her heavenly voice?"