Chapter 32: Arcanum Forest

"Drake!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs. The moment Pillow landed, I immediately got of her back and ran towards the edge of the cliff. I got cold feet when I saw the empty pit below. I can only see darkness, indicating how deep it was.

I gasped when something came flying down the endless-looking pit with incredible speed. Hinangin ang buhok ko nang madaanan ako nito dahil sa bilis ng kaniyang paglipad. I recognized that it was Vyl because of his clothes and hair color.

Naramdaman kong may humawak sa balikat ko at hinila ako palayo sa may bangin. I looked over my shoulder and saw that it was Zy who's pulling me.

I just gave him a glance then immediately looked back at the direction of the cliff. Hanggang ngayon ay wala pa sina Vyl. I hope he caught Drake in time. I hope they're both fine. 

Just as I am praying for their safety, two bodies emerged from the dark pit and slowly flew towards us.

Napatakbo ako palapit sa kanila at inalalayan ang walang malay na katawan ni Drake.

"Why's he unconcious? Did he hit the ground?" I inspected his head but it's perfectly fine. No part of his body is bleeding too so I looked at Vyl, asking for an explanation.

"I made him sleep. It's better that way."

Vyl carried him all the way back to where we were sitting just a few minutes ago. Naroon na ang mga gamit na pinamili nila pati na rin ang mga pagkain. Nilantakan agad namin iyon dala ng sobrang gutom.

A strong wind blew, clearing the bluish mist that was starting to form as early afternoon came. I raised my head and I was astonished at how beautiful the swirling golden leaves around us. The smell of the forest filled my nostrils like a perfume of dry leaves. I was a bit late to appreciate the autumn beauty of this part of the forest.

I lost myself while observing the surroundings. Leaves with golden red colors are falling gently from the branches of the high trees. They look like sparks of fire because of the reflection of the sunlight.

Half-buried from the forest floor, thick tangled roots covered most of the ground around us. Vivid moss nestled the branches like tarnished copper yet left the foliage's luminous color crispy and untouched. I always notice every little detail in places like this. I indeed love the forest despite the hidden danger that lurks beyond it.

Wind rustled through the branches again, making leaves fall like rain across this small clearing. A forced cough brought me back to reality. It was Pillow who just finished eating and is about to open an important topic.

"What do we do about him now?" Pillow asked while pointing at the still unconscious body of Drake sitting near a tree close to us.

"He really plans to kill himself. The best option is to let him sleep until we find a way to remove him from that body," sabi ni Zy sabay tayo at naglakad palapit sa mga pinamili nilang gamit para ayusin ang mga ito.

"But he can't sleep for that long. The body will weaken without proper treatment."

She's right. Kung balak nilang patulugin lang si Leiyan para hindi gumawa ng sariling kapahamakan, maaapektuhan ang katawan ni Drake katagalan. And that's the last thing we want to happen.

"Vyl, can't you do anything about it?" I looked at Vyl who's obviously not in the mood for quite some time now. He's obviously deep in thought.

He cleared his throat before lifting his head to look at us. "I think I know someone who might."

That made my brows furrowed with confusion. "Who?"

"Your Clymph might be able to do something."