chapter sixteen

KIISHA

January 6. That was my birthday, surprisingly it was also Kiishi and Kiiti's birthday, maybe children born that day all look alike or what could possibly be the answer?

Kiiti was in Canada and would be returning a day before school resumption. Kiishi had told me she was going out with her family and I was staying home but would be out later in the evening since Jared had insisted we go out.

Though my parents had been planning to throw an elaborate party considering it was my sixteenth birthday but I wasn't a fan of parties and I'd told them not to worry.

Dad and mom had gone to work and my siblings were at my grandparents place and wouldn't be back until tomorrow. I was the only one at home and had decided to while away time by watching 'Playful Kiss', an interesting Korean film that I'd been watching since yesterday and have really enjoyed it.

After the end of the first season, I decided to check the time, it was 4:00pm and I rushed into the bathroom,  and was just getting out of the shower when my phone rung. I looked at the screen and realized it was Jaguar, who without pleasantries asked if I was ready and I told him to give me few minutes.

I just don't know why I was going with him gan? He'd texted me last night to ask for my birthday plans, I'd been surprised 'cause I never told him but then I remembered Lyra might have told him, after telling him I had no plans, he suggested we go out and I declined until he called back begging which I then agreed to.

I got dressed in the wine string velvet casual gown mom had gifted me this morning. I decided to drop my newly braided hair, applied powder, eyeliner, mascara and lipgloss, I just don't understand why I wanted to look good. It was my birthday anyway, that must be the drive.

Sliding my legs into a black sneakers, I took another look at myself in the mirror before walking out of the room with my black side bag.

While descending the stairs, my eyes caught Jared who was already seated on the couch, he stood up on sighting me and I accessed him, he looked nice in the white shirt and smart jeans he was putting on, his new afro haircut fitted him well and he looked more handsome.

I stood in front of him and he didn't say anything but kept on gaping at me, it wasn't until I hit him with my bag that he looked away.

"Sorry, you are just breathtaking," he complimented.

"Are we going or not?"

"Let's go," he took my hand in his, I didn't withdraw 'cause I like it, we walked out of the house.

"My driver is here," he pointed at a white sedan car.

We both got into the back seat of the car as the driver drove out of our compound.

"Where are we going?"

He smiled and revealed his dimples, I looked away before he responded, "Ventura Mall"

"Oh," I nodded.

A deafening silence came in until I felt his hand on mine.

"What...," I couldn't complete the sentence as he put a white love expandable wire charm bracelet on my left wrist.

Wow, I'd actually seen this bangle on Amazon three days ago and I'd loved it, deciding to purchase it the following day, and later found out it had been out of stock.

"Happy birthday Aanuoluwakiisha," he said and I didn't know when I hugged him.

"Wow, I love it," I gushed as I took another look at the charm bracelet, at the other end was 'to the moon and back' inscribed.