chapter thirty two

KIISHA

It was a Sunday evening, we decided to go plait our hair and at such we sauntered to our unisex salon  which was located at the outskirts of the male hostel. On getting there, the hair stylist welcomed us with a smile.

"When I see you girls, you always bring a smile to my face and I do pray to have beautiful triplets like you," the hair stylist said as we smiled. She was one of those people who found it hard to believe we weren't related at all.

She waved at the other stylist who walked up to her, the other stylist was the complete opposite of her, fair, willowy and beautiful.

"So which style?" she questioned as we took our seat.

"Cornrows," Kiiti replied.

"With your hair or with attachment?"

"With attachment," Kiishi responded. The other stylist brought out the X- pression as they both walked out of the salon to sort it out.

"Is this not a picture of you that Olumide posted?" I questioned in astonishment while pointing my phone at Kiishi who smiled.

"Oya, tell me, what's going on? You know I saw you guys that day during your practical," Kiiti said as she dropped her phone by her side and turned to Kiishi with listening ears.

"What were they doing?" I questioned inquisitively while giving Kiishi a suspicious look.

"They were talking but it was intimate oo, you should see the way Kiishi was blushing that day," Kiiti explained with a dancing smile.

"Hmmmm," I commented with a smile.

"What is hmmm?" Kiishi asked with a wide smile, currently her face was radiating.

"Now, tell us what's going on between you guys," Kiiti cajoled and Kiishi smiled.

"There's nothing going on"

Kiiti wrinkled her nose while I pursed my lips with a suspicious look.

"Lie that you guys don't like each other," Kiiti jested while eyeing her.

Kiishi's eyes glinted at this as her smile increased.

"I knew it," Kiiti gushed while I shook my head.

"So?" I inquired.

"Well, he asked me out but I told him to give me some time"

"Time to do what oo?" Kiiti asked while eyeing her playfully with a mischievous grin.

"Don't worry, what of you oo?" Kiishi questioned as she dropped her phone on her laps and turned to her.

"That's even true," I added and Kiiti gave me a curt look.

"Wetin happen to me?" Kiiti questioned while shaming obliviousness.

"Stop pretending, the eyes you guys use to give each other in class is more than friendship," I said with a mischievous look.

Kiiti smiled before responding, "Okay, we're just chilling, nothing more."

"Hmmmm, chilling indeed?" Kiishi and I uttered in unison and Kiiti rolled her eyes.

"You nko oo?" Kiiti turned to me in an attempt to shift the attention away from her and she did succeed.

"What about me?" I asked feigning an unknowing look.

"We all know you and Jared like each other so stop pretending here, you..," the entrance of the hair stylist stopped her as she called her and Kiishi.