chapter fifty two

JARED

"So, if I didn't call you, you won't come home abi," I stated immediately I entered her room. She turned to me with a smiling face.

"It's not actually because you called me that I came home," she protested before turning to her bed, she'd been packing her stuffs into a small bag.

"You should have slept there then," I joked and she sat on the bed while I joined her.

She sighed before talking,"A lot of things, we can imagined happened over there"

"And what could that be?" I questioned curiously.

"It's a long story, so, I'll tell you on our way back to school," she replied and I nodded.

"Anyway, the driver is already downstairs oo." We were to leave together so far it was still Friday and others won't be back to school until Sunday but due to the competition, we had to go back early.

"Okay, let me just inform Mom then, help me take my bag downstairs," she placed the bag on my laps before I could even evade it and stood up quickly.

"You can't bring your bag with you abi?"

"You can't help me with it abi?" she eyed me and left the room before I could reply.

I carried the bag and left the room, she then came downstairs minutes later.

"Here," I gave her the pack of cheese balls I'd bought for her, this I'd always done whenever we went back to school together.

Her face lit up when she saw the pack. At her age, she still loves cheese balls like life.

"You're such a darling, that's why I Iove you," she placed the pack by her side before hugging me.

"That's why I hate you," I joked and she pushed my forehead with her hand before eyeing me.

"Who loves you before? Darling ko darling nii," she punctuated it with a hiss before throwing the pack at me.

"Reina, I was only joking, you know I love you more," I assured and she eyed me again before picking the pack.

The driver then started the car and we drove out of their compound.

"So, tell me what happened," I started and she turned to me before readjusting her sitting position.

"The main reason I didn't come home early was because of Kiiti's Mom," she began.

"You mean the Governor's wife, our beautiful First Lady?"

"Noo, second lady,"she joked and I chuckled.

"What about her?"

"Actually, she didn't want me to come back home, you should see the way she treated Kiishi and I since yesterday, she made us tell her stories about ourselves from childhood till now," she explained.

"She seems like a nice woman," I commented and she nodded in agreement.

"But, do you know what baffles me?" She queried and I wrinkled my nose.

"What sweetie?"

Then she went on explaining stuffs which I was finding hard to comprehend.

"So, what you're trying to say now is that there's a possibility that you guys are actually triplets?" I queried and she nodded in accordance.

"I'm just finding it hard to believe what's going on oo," she continued.

"Wow," I exclaimed.

"Like I just can't believe my parents are not my biological parents, we were told not to inform our parents so that everything would be clear by Monday, my brain is just so stuffed right now"