chapter twenty eight

KIISHA

Finally, our exams ended and everyone were relieved but our preparation for the competition doubled so far the written exam was in two days time. Kiishi had got back yesterday with the good news, she'd qualified for the last round in the National essay competition.

"Now, tell me your scores, starting from Idiat," our Physics teacher ordered, we were at the JETS' club room having our last preparation for the competition, currently we'd just finished an exam which had been set by the school on our laptops. Since we completed our exams yesterday, we've been doing several tests and exams in preparation for the InterswitchSPAK.

Idiat stood up and said, "85 sir," she ended it with a smile.

We all smiled at this before the Physics teacher and Maths teacher nodded and ordered us to clap for her.

"Demolu," he called. Demolu stood up from his corner proudly with a grin and I wondered if he had a perfect score. We'd all be separated in the clubroom and we're far from each other so there was no way we could copy one another or whisper.

"83," he replied succinctly and sat before he was even asked to.

"You guys are impressive oo," the Maths teacher, Mr. Ola pointed out before calling Yimika.

"86," Yimika said before we all clapped.

"Why are they 80s, is there no 90 at all?" the Physics teacher asked slightly annoyed. I don't even know what's wrong with the man.

"Don't worry, we still have three left," Mr. Ola said calmly before calling Joshua.

" 89 sir," he replied with a huge grin, Mr. Ola gave him thumbs up while the Physics teacher turned to me.

"Yes, Kiisha"

All eyes turned to me as I stood up gently while pushing my chair back.

"94"

The others cooed while our teachers grinned.

"That's what we're talking about, now Jared," Mr. Ola said and Jared stood up, my heart skipped a beat at this and I wondered what was wrong with me, well, it's not yet the competition.

"98"

"Wow," everyone shouted except me of course.

"Now, that's a good thing, I hope you all can do better in the competition and qualify for the second round," the Physics teacher said with a broad smile.

"You can all go for your lunch now and take a break, come back by 3:00pm, you'll do a written exam then and after that, you guys will have a free time till Thursday which is the day of the competition," Mr. Ola said and we all squealed as both teachers walked out of the JETS Club room.

"I just hope Thursday will come quickly so I can rest a bit," Idiat said immediately she got to my front.

"That's even true"

"It'll be nice if we can have like these scores in the competition"

I closed my laptop and nodded, "Yeah, and we'll have to start preparing for the next round again oo"

"Yes but that one still has enough time for the preparation"

I nodded in agreement before Yimika called Idiat, she went to him and they both left the room with their laptops few minutes later.

"Hey, riff," Jared greeted as he approached me with a big smile on his face, he must be extremely happy with his score. Well, I'm not angry this time so far it isn't the competition, so I'll just let it slide.