chapter thirty nine

JARED

It's been a week now and Kiisha has been avoiding me like a plague, she didn't give me any audience to explain myself. Even Kiiti wasn't talking to Joshua again and they've decided to not have anything doing with us, we don't eat together anymore, even during the JETs class or extra class or our study period, Kiisha didn't talk to me even when the need arises and I've been feeling like shit.

Walking into the Royal Garden, my eyes met with hers and it locked on like magnets before she eyed me and hissed scathingly. There was no one in the garden except the two of us, we were to study and the others were yet to arrive.

"Hi," I greeted quietly as I sat by her. She didn't reply but decided to flip through the pages of her textbook.

"Aanuoluwakiisha," I called, she turned to me with a long and pensive look before hissing like a breed of snake and picked up her books, glanced at me with resentment written all over her face and then walked away.

I heaved before following her, seconds later, my hand caught hers and I whirled her around.

"Please, you just have to listen to me," I begged with pleading eyes.

She sighed exasperatedly before talking, "You owe me no explanation," she then turned to leave but the appearance of Idiat and Yimika stopped her.

"Oh, you're here," Idiat said suspiciously, they knew about what was going on so also the whole school. Such news spread fast.

"Yeah, let's go," Kiisha replied as she grabbed Idiat's hand and went back to where she was sitting before I came in.

"How are you?" Yimika questioned and I forced a smile with a nod.

"Is she still the same?" he asked and I raked my hand through my hair, just then, Demolu and Joshua arrived.

We later joined the others, throughout the course of our study, I kept glancing at her but she ignored me totally.

We were walking back to our hostel when Joshua pulled me back to talk, Demolu and Yimika were already in the front engrossed in their discussion so they didn't notice us.

"Kiiti finally talked to me," he started and my eyes widened in surprise, Kiiti had become so snobbish that Joshua had been really disturbed even Kiishi, the somehow quiet one amongst them didn't talk to us.

"How did it happen?" I inquired and he smiled sheepishly.

"I met her when I was coming to the garden, she tried walking away as she hissed loudly but I grabbed her hand, she tried jerking away but I pleaded with her, she later agreed to listen to my explanation and I narrated everything to her," he explained with a grin, seems they were back together unlike us.

"So, what did she say?" I asked in a jittery manner.

"Well, she reprimanded me and told me I was on probation," he chuckled.

"And?"

"She'll try talking to Kiisha and make her understand you stopped the bet before asking her out," he replied with a smile and I heaved loudly, I didn't even know I was holding my breath before.

"I just hope she'll listen to her"

Joshua smiled at me while patting my back, "Don't worry"

Two hours after we got back to the hostel, the bell was jingled for dinner. We all sprawled to our feet and walked to the dining hall with me being expectant.

Carrying my plate of coconut rice and fish stew with Chapman, I realized Joshua was heading towards the girls table so also Quadri and Ify, I decided to go there.