chapter fifty six

KIISHA

The opening of the door revealed the entrance of Aunt Suzanne and her apprentice, apparently she'd finished Kiishi and Kiiti's make up meaning it was my turn.

"Are you ready?" she questioned with a smile.

"Yeah," I replied and got up from my bed, straightened my red sweetheart off shoulder gown, the one Mom's fashion designer had brought the day before. Red was the colour we'd all chosen for our Valedictory service.

I sat on my dressing stool and turned to the mirror before Aunt Suzanne started the make up.

Minutes later, Kiiti and Kiishi barged into the room, they were looking stunning in their gown and the make up was so perfect.

"We're almost late oo," Kiiti shouted.

"And we're done," Aunt Suzanne announced as her apprentice picked up the make up kit.

"Wow," I complimented as I took in my look in the mirror.

She later left the room with her apprentice and my sisters sat on my bed.

"Kiiti, help me bring my wedge," I teased and she scoffed before standing up.

"What got into you?" I queried as I collected my silver wedge from her.

"Maybe because I'm happy," she shrugged before joining Kiishi on the bed.

After putting on my wedge, I picked up my silver clutch purse and took a last look at myself before we left the room, and after pecking our parents, we walked down the stairs to the lounge where our driver was waiting with the our silver Jaguar XF S car, Mom had promised to join us later in the day while Dad won't be available, he's been so busy that I don't even know when he rests or have time for himself when he's in a meeting at home and abroad when he's not in office or at state functions.

"Hey babe," Joshua greeted as we alighted the car, he waved at Kiishi and I before leaving with Kiiti.

Immediately they were out of sight, Kiishi sighted Olumide and left, leaving only me gaping and then quickly turned to the car and picked my purse just as my eyes met with Jared who walked up to me with a smile. He was also dressed in a red tuxedo.

"Hey," he greeted with a grin while taking in my look.

"Hi"

"You look gorgeous in this gown, I think red fits you a lot, it should be your best color from now on," he complimented and I chuckled.

"I think it should be your best color too 'cause you look nice," I replied and he smiled before looking at the car behind me.

"Oh! You brought a Jaguar this time,"  he moved nearer to the car while admiring it.

"Your namesake actually," I joked and he turned to me.

"But I'm more expensive than this," he pointed to the car and I scoffed.

"Don't compare your worth to it all, every one knows this car is more expensive than you," I jested.

"Ouch! That hurts," he placed his palm on his chest jokingly and I laughed, just then, the sound from the hall announced the commencement of the party.

"Let's go," he said and we linked arms together before walking into the Royal Hall that had been decorated in flashy colors with glitters all around and ambient music filled the air. It wasn't hard to find the spot for the graduands so far it was specially decorated.

After the opening prayer, the ceremony started fully. While the principal was saying his speech, Kiiti dabbed my shoulder, she was sitting at the back with Joshua, as we were all seated according to our class.