chapter fifty four

KIISHA

"The driver is here," Kiiti announced as she got out of the bathroom.

"Okay then," Kiishi stood up as she placed the novel she'd been reading in her bag.

"Hey, don't tell me you want to go and read over there," I shouted as I stood up from my chair.

"That's even true," Kiiti added.

Kiishi rolled her eyes before dropping the book as we waited for Kiiti to change out of her hostel wear into a purple short gown, I was in a blue short gown while Kiishi was wearing pink.

We left the room and the hotel minutes later as Kiiti led us to the park, it wasn't long before we sighted the black  G-Wagon.

"Good afternoon sir," We all greeted the driver as we got into the car.

"Afternoon," he replied before starting the car.

We were going to the Governor's house so far it was Sunday already, normally, the meeting should have been yesterday but due to the competition they had to shift it, it wasn't that long we got back from Lagos that Kiiti announced the arrival of the driver.

This past week had been tormentous, birthing a new turn in my life, finding out my parents were not my biological parents was a huge blow, now the news had been all over the state and the country, 'The Appearance Of The Governor's Lost Daughters' had been the most popular headline with many other captions and varied headlines in all the media - print, electronics and all social media platforms and blogs - and was still a very hot news .

Everyone in school were already aware of the fact and that stupid Rihanna and her gang had the guts to come to Kiishi and I but we just left their presence and I told Demolu to warn his useless gangs.

We stayed in silence with different thoughts till we got to the mansion. As we alighted the car, my parents got down from their car and our eyes met.

"Kiisha," Mum called with a smile as she approached me.

"Dad, Mum," I greeted before Mum pulled me into a hug.

"What of Ite and Ike?" I questioned when she released from the long hug.

"They're fine, they went to your grandparents," she replied.

"Let's go in," Dad said and we all went in. Kiiti led us to the family living room, where we met Kiishi's parents who were already seated with First Lady. I was seeing her as that and not really coming to terms with the reality that she was my biological mother

"Welcome, daughters, come here," the First lady ordered and I stared at my mom who nudged me ahead before I walked to her, and with Kiisha then she pulled me into a hug.

"Let me call your Dad," she said after withdrawing from the hug, Kiiti, Kiishi and I sat beside one another as she left the living room to call the Governor.

Minutes later, she got back with the Governor and everyone stood up to greet him, and we all seated after he gestured us to while he was settling into the gold plated king sized Imperial chair.

"We've decided to take our kids back," the Governor started.

"But you can't just take them like that," Kiishi's Mom protested.

"We don't need your permission for that," Kiiti's Mom said while eyeing her.

"But ...," my Mom started but she was cut short by Kiiti's Mom.

"You guys have no right to tell us what to do, you're still lucky that I begged Lanre not to sue you guys, else you won't be here spluttering gibberish," she hissed and silence descended.