chapter eighteen

KIISHA

"Where is Kiishi?" I asked Dumininu who just bumped into me.

She raised her head and smiled.

"Well, our class teacher called her after assembly, she came back later and told me she was going for an impromptu essay," Dumininu explained, Kiiti and I exchanged looks at this.

"It's break already, when will she be back?" Kiiti asked.

Dumininu opened her mouth to talk but a voice called her, we all turned to the voice only to see Rihanna and Kemisola.

"I don't know when she'll be back but I have to go," she said hurriedly as she walked hastily to Rihanna and Kemisola.

"Will they eat her nii?" Kiiti asked immediately Dumininu was out of earshot.

"I don't even understand what she's still doing with them, let's go and eat jaare".

Kiiti and I sauntered to the cafeteria amidst different talks. On getting to the cafeteria, we met Jared and his friends who greeted us while I replied others except Jared.

"What's going on?" Quadri asked as he tapped Joshua, we all traced his gaze and noticed it rested on Rihanna and her gang who were now seated with Zion, Uloma and Munat.

Something definitely is wrong, those girls are just there to display nonsense, before anyone could blink, gasps erupted from everyone.

Turns out Kemisola had poured her food on Zion and Rihanna had poured her drink on her. Her white top had turned to orange from the colour of the Orange drink we were served with Rice and stew.

"Are you mad?" Munat shouted as she stood up abruptly while glaring at Rihanna and Kemisola.

"Are you asking me?" Kemisola asked in a mocking tone.

"Leave them," Zion said as she dragged Munat, Uloma was busy glaring daggers at them, if looks could kill then I assure you Kemisola and Rihanna would be in hell.

Immediately they took a step, a loud thud was heard, noise filled the air as we all fixed our gaze on Zion who was lying supine on the tiles, turns out Rihanna had tripped her.

"Are you crazy?" A voice shouted and all heads snapped to the voice that came from the entrance. Oh, oh, oh, the Knight in a shining armour.

Ambrose and the other guys approached them.

"Ambrose, did you just ask me that stupid question?" Rihanna questioned as soon as he helped Zion up.

He didn't respond but dragged Zion with him, Kemisola's face turned red as she ran after them.

"Ambrose, what's the meaning of this?" she asked immediately she caught up with them.

"Are you asking me that?"

Kemisola's eyes lingered on their interlocked hands as she glowered at Zion who smiled sappily.

"Why are you holding that slut's hand?"

"Kemi, don't you ever call her a slut, everyone knows you're the slut here"

Kemisola's mouth opened agape before she finally steadied herself, "Do you realise it's me you're talking to?"

"What are you but a slut?"

"Your girlfriend," she screamed and we all wondered if she was getting delivered from an evil spirit.

Ambrose cackled like a hen for some minutes while we all looked at him in wonder.

"Who told you you're my girlfriend, since the day I caught you sleeping with Azeem, you seized to be my girlfriend"