chapter fifty

JARED

Being the only one at home, I decided to go to the pool. Jacinth had gone out with her boyfriend and they were preparing for their one year National Youth Service, Mom and Dad on the other hand had decided to go for a vacation in Florida, ever since I got back from school, I noticed Dad had changed, only the heaven knows what had happened to him but he's been trying to be the best Dad and Father.

They left for Florida two days ago and won't be back until Friday, whereas I'll be going back to school on Friday due to the interswitchSPAK competition so, we won't really have family time.

"So, you're here," I heard Kiisha say as she threw a stone into the water before sitting by the poolside.

I got out of the pool and picked a towel before pulling out a chair in front of her. She was putting on a short wine jumpsuit that fitted her perfectly and her full hair packed into a bun.

"Why did you throw a stone into the water?"

"No reason but do you know I've been looking for you since morning screaming my lungs hoax and dry out," she replied while eyeing me and I chuckled.

"Is Chichi not inside?"

"I don't know ooo"

"But you should know I'll be here"

"Whatever," she waved her palm before picking the Chapman in front of me and in a twinkle of an eye, she gulped it down.

"Why did you finish it nau?" I complained and she smiled.

"I was thirsty, go and take another one if you need it that much"

I stood up at this and walked inside the house while she followed me. After taking Chapman, we went up to my room.

"Find a shirt to put on jaare," she said as she jumped on my bed.

"Why? You can't get over what you're seeing?" I asked with a sheepish smile and she rolled her eyes.

"What's there? The chest that looks like that of a paunchy man," she jested and I chuckled.

"Main reason you were drooling over it the first time," I teased and she rolled her eyes again, I just hope it won't roll out of its socket.

"Keep deceiving yourself, sha, put on a shirt," she said before laying supine as she brought out her phone from the front pocket of her jumpsuit.

I turned to my wardrobe and picked out a blue T-shirt before joining her on the bed.

She looked up from her phone and turned to me, "What are you doing here?"

"It's my bed, you know," I pointed at the bed with a chuckle and she pursed her lips before returning to her phone.

"Let's go out," I said and she looked up at me again.

"Like a date?" she asked with a smile and I nodded.

"Let me change into something better," she said as she proceeded to stand up and I stopped her.

"You look perfect in this, let me just change into something better," I jumped on my feet and walked to my wardrobe without listening to her response.

I beeped my driver while changing into a blue T-shirt and shorts.

"What are you still doing?" I heard Kiisha shout and I smiled before going out.

"You'll be dressing like a girl, it only a girl that spends hours to dress," she teased and I smiled.

"I want to take a mat from Jacinth's room," I told her and we both left the room, while she descended the stairs, I entered Jacinth's room and picked a mat before going to the kitchen where I put some fruits and drinks into the picnic basket.