chapter thirty six

KIISHA

I'd just finished talking with Kiishi who told me she was back from the boot camp. She'd entered her book 'Crying in Dreams' into a competition and had been shortlisted and at such was invited to a 3-days writing boot camp.

"I'm going to the salon," Mom announced as she walked into my room immediately I dropped my phone.

"Oh, okay," I replied as I sprawled to my feet and took my phone. We both sauntered downstairs and I informed Sumayah to help me bring Chicken and Chips with Warm milk to the lounge so far I'll be staying there when Mom leaves.

I waved at Mom as she entered her car, standing motionless till she drove out of the compound. When she was out of sight, I went to the lounge and drew out a bikini chair as Sumayah served my order.

"Thanks," I muttered and she nodded before leaving.

I threw chips into my mouth and I brought out my phone, scrolled to m
My Music and clicked on 'Suzanna' by Sauti Sol before inserting the earpiece into my ear.

While chewing the chicken and tapping my feet on the ground to the song, I felt a hand remove the left earpiece and before I could react, a voice, which I instantly recognized as Jared's whispered, "You're hotter than the bottom of my laptop," the air on my neck stood up as the fireworks erupted in my stomach.

"You're not okay," I joked as he drew out another bikini chair in front of me.

"I'm perfectly fine," he replied with a smile as I removed my earpiece and turned off the song.

"So, why are you here?" I asked and he scoffed a laugh.

"So, I can't visit my Reina again?"

"You can," I replied with a pout.

"Good," he said as he dipped his hand into my food and picked up the chicken laps I'd been keeping for later, in a blink of an eye, I slapped his hand away.

"There is love in sharing," he whined.

"I Know but let me get you some," I told him before standing up as I headed into the house.

Few minutes later, I got back with his own and I looked over at my food only to realize it had vanished.

"Why did you eat it?" I questioned as I spotted a mop stick which was lying at the back of the lounge before going over to pick it.

"I couldn't wait," he replied nonchalantly and I made an attempt to hit him with the mop stick but he caught it.

"Let go," I warned with a murderous look and he stood up before moving closer to me.

"Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I'll return it," he said and before I could think or evade, his lips met mine as he cupped my face gently, instantaneously, I responded to the kiss.

I let go of the mop stick and he threw it to the floor before moving back when the kiss was getting sweeter and of course, hotter. I opened my eyes in annoyance as I glared at him while he chuckled.

"Useless goat," I mumbled.

"That's your punishment," he said as he picked up another chicken laps and sat back.

"Did I give you the permission to touch the food?" I questioned with a scowl and he winked at me.

"No, Reina, but the food is mine, lest you've forgotten," he replied with a smirk and I threw one of the chips at him but he caught it with his mouth.

"Fool," I muttered as I picked up the drumsticks from the plate.

"But you love me like that," he said with a grin.