chapter forty five

KIISHA

It's been a week now and Jared has been avoiding me, I'd tried talking to him but he pretended like someone that doesn't know me and it was really hurting and seriously annoying. He was very free with the others just like before and I was the only person his memory deleted, though we do eat on the same table but he derived pleasure in avoiding me and talking to others.

We were leaving for Lagos State later in the evening, tomorrow being the interswitchSPAK Masterclass, our school wanted us to leave this evening and Lodge in the hotel to avoid lateness tomorrow.

"Won't you pack your stuffs?" Kiiti queried as she jumped on my bed, Kiishi was on her bed reading a novel.

"I'm not packing anything, we'll be back later tomorrow," I replied sadly and she nodded before I heard the ring from my alarm clock.

"I've got to go now," I jumped down my bed and carried my small bag that only contained my uniform, books, pens and underwears.

"Oh," she stood up before turning to Kiishi who was already into the book she was reading.

"Kiishi !," Kiiti shouted and Kiishi looked up from the novel, slightly annoyed.

"What?" Kiishi shouted in return.

"Kiisha is already leaving oo," Kiiti told her and she got down from her bed before we all walked out of the room and headed towards the car park where Mr. Ola instructed us to gather.

It wasn't long before we got to the park, Yimika, Idiat and Demolu were already there. Demolu was conversing with Kemisola, turns out he dumped Rihanna for Kemisola and they were already at each other's throat in the school, their stupid group didn't actually scatter but Rihanna and Kemisola were against each other and the funniest thing was that no one sided with Rihanna, not even Dumininu, they were all in support of Kemisola.

"Hi guys," Yimika greeted with a smile and we responded simultaneously before Joshua and Jared appeared.

"Hey babe," Joshua greeted before pecking Kiiti.

"You didn't see us abi," Kiishi teased and he waved at us before leaving with Kiiti.

"Hi," Jared greeted.

"Hi," I responded

"I wasn't greeting you but since you greeted me, it's okay," he said with a wicked smirk and a knife pierced my heart before I shared a look with Kiishi. Silence descended.

"Uhm, hi," Kiishi greeted with a smile and he turned to her with a smile, he wanted to say something but Mr. Ola appeared.

Kiiti and Kiishi waved at us before leaving for the hostel as we entered the bus. They'd all chosen themselves in twos except Jared before I entered the bus, I didn't want to sit alone and the empty seats were at the back so I decided to sit by Jared as the driver drove out of the school.

"Hey," I greeted with a cool smile while sitting beside him.

He turned to me, "You seem to be following me around"

I lifted my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"It's nothing," he said before bringing out his earpiece, I opened my mouth to talk but he inserted the earpiece into his ear, seems, he was bent on not talking to me. It would surely be one boring and long ride. I felt a lump in my throat.

I turned back to Idiat who was beside Yimika, they were the ones behind us followed by Joshua and Demolu, Mr. Ola was at the front with the driver, they gave me a small smile before I leaned on my back.

I brought out my phone and decided to play 'Word Cookies' till I got tired halfway, Iater I watched a movie till we got to Lagos.

After being checked in to our rooms, Idiat and I were staying in the same room while Joshua and Jared stayed in one room likewise Demolu and Yimika.