chapter forty

KIISHA

"But it's a project, why can't you do it together with him?" Kiishi questioned as she scribbled the topic on a paper. I'd told her about the English project immediately we got back from school so also Kiiti, she was going to help Kiiti write too for both her and Joshua while they only practiced together. How I wish it could be like that for me and Jared but it was impossible.

I sighed before replying, "I don't want to have anything to do with him"

"Kiisha, stop being bull headed, you just have to listen to what happened," Kiiti interjected and I rolled my eyes.

"That's true, if you don't want him to say it, let Kiiti explain it to you," Kiishi added and I scoffed.

Why would I listen to anything? He confirmed it himself so there's no explanation except a brain wash and I wouldn't allow that. I'm going to hate him forever for hurting me, I can never forgive him and I don't give a damn about anything.

"I don't need the explanation," I deadpanned and Kiiti got to her feet and joined me on my bed so also Kiishi, apparently, it was about that issue.

"Kiisha what you're doing is bad," Kiiti started and I chuckled before keeping a straight face.

"So, what he did is not terrible?"

"We know it is and he's trying to rectify it," Kiishi said and I pouted.

"Kiisha, just give him a chance or better still let me explain it to you," Kiiti added.

"You've probably been brainwashed so I can't believe anything"

Kiiti continued, " But...."

I held up my palm and she stopped.

"I've got assignments to do," I stood up gently while dashing them a close-lipped smile.

"I hope you won't regret it," Kiiti mumbled though I heard but ignored her, I sat on my chair while they left for their bed.

Different thoughts raced through my mind as I flipped through the pages of my notebook, finally opening it to the assignment all I did was stare at it. I really need to get a hold of myself, I hung my head while peering at the tip of my pen with several thoughts tumbling in me. I've made up my mind not to allow him get me again and nothing can stop me, that I told myself.

It was Computer period and the teacher was yet to come, all we did was engage in a discussion and some other things, I decided to go give Jared his write-up so far the debate was next week and I can't afford to fail it, others were already practicing it, currently Kiiti and Joshua were practicing.

"Here," I threw the paper on his table, he was sitting alone while staring at his notebook with him being a picture of sadness but I was less concerned as far as I know he's only shaming it.

He looked up at me before picking the paper.

"Thanks," he mumbled with a smile that made me want to return the smile but I frowned instead.

"You have to memorize it quickly and please don't start stuttering in front of Miss Edna oo, I can't allow Kenneth and Aminat to win," they both turned to look at me upon hearing their names but I continued, "And, I can't fail, my English is always in the line of eight before so it can't drop"

He heaved before giving a reassuring smile.

"You don't have to worry but are we not practicing together?" he questioned stupidly and I rolled my eyes.

"What kind of foolish question is that?" I punctuated it with a hiss and turned to leave but his hand stopped me, I can't deny the tingling sensations it sent through my spine.