chapter forty two

The book cover for the book in my announcement below👆

JARED

It was our last day in school and my last day in RGC. Mom had informed me two nights ago that we were leaving for Spain today and for good since she had filed for an annulment. She said she couldn't put up with Dad's attitude again so she was divorcing him. We'll be going to my uncle's place first before everything gets settled. Jacinth would start her Master's program over there and I would resume for the next session in Lyra's school.

I didn't want to leave but I can't just abandon my family, Dad doesn't worth it so I have to go with Mom, whereas I have no reason whatsoever to stay here except my friends of course and Kiisha but this same Kiisha had made it known that she didn't want anything doing with me and I've decided to give her space.

Throughout the revision week, our exam period and till today I didn't say anything to her except if the greetings were necessary, likewise she didn't talk to me, maybe she really despises me after all or never really felt anything for me.

Mrs. Yusuf walked into the class alongside Aminat who was with our dossiers, after our greetings, Aminat placed the dossiers on the table and left for her seat but it wasn't long before her Mom called her back so far she was ranked last in our class.

Several minutes later, after Joshua came back to his seat, she called Kiisha who stood up with a supercilious air.

"As expected, you had your straight A's with 93.08%," she said while Kiisha collected her dossier from her, she didn't smile this time but walked back to her seat, our eyes met but she looked away instantly.

Mrs. Yusuf called my name and I walked up to her.

"You proved yourself again this term, this is actually a new change in the history of this set, you know Kiisha had always been on top but you came, anyway, you had your straight A's with 97.62%," she said as I collected my result with a small smile before turning my back, my eyes met with Kiisha who hardened her face, it was evident she was upset by what Mrs. Yusuf had said.

I sat down and Mrs. Yusuf continued, "Finally, SS2 has ended, in few months and you guys would be in your last year in secondary school which I know you're all anticipating, you can't wait. Anyway, I want you to spend your time wisely during the holidays and...," minutes later, she left our class and noise rented the air before Aminat walked to the front of the class, apparently, she was going to utter her usual nonsense.

"Finally, finally, it has been concluded that Kiisha now has her boss," Aminat started with a mocking smile, Kiisha stood up and headed to the class entrance.

"Don't run away, are you that ashamed? So, the fantastic Kiisha can run away," she threw her hand in the air with a mocking laughter.

"Are you that dumb? You're busy prying into other people's business yet you have a huge problem, only the heaven knows if you can afford to graduate secondary school with this behavior of yours and if at all you manage, you'll always be remembered as the class dumbass. And one thing is, I pity your children, I just hope they don't take your rotten genes," with that, Kiisha walked out of the class.

The whole class roared and Aminat's eyes hardened as vein popped in her head, she dashed out of the class, obviously, she was going after Kiisha so other students followed her.

"Stop there, you goat!," Aminat shouted, Kiisha turned back, hissed and walked away but Aminat quickened her pace and caught Kiisha by the collar of her top.

"Get your filthy hands off me!," Kiisha said belligerently with a lingering smile.

"And, if I don't?" Aminat countered and Kiisha snickered.