chapter one

KIISHA

"Which year did Kolbe prepare organic compounds from its constituent elements?" the MC asked.

Gosh! What type of stupid question is this? I looked around and my eyes landed on my competitor.

He smirked at me and I eyed him.
We've actually scored the same thing and it had been a draw, they'd decided to ask one question in which whoever says the correct answer first would be crowned the winner.

My competitor and I were always competing right from SS1 and I'd only won him twice out of four rounds, this current one is the fifth competition we'll be having.

He was representing ROL Academy while I represented RGC.

"Five seconds left," the MC announced and I looked around frantically.

Jared still wore the smirk on his face, it's as if I should slap him. I hit my head mentally trying to remember the answer to the question but my brain failed me.

"Two seconds left, if any one of you doesn't talk, we'll go another round till the winner is determined," he warned and I decided to try my luck.

"1821"

"You're wrong"

" 1845," I heard Jared say with a crook smile.

"Correct!!!" the MC shouted and the whole audience roared, this is one of the most embarrassing moments in my life.

I hate losing.

The DJ tuned in 'Stand up for the champion' by Right Said Fred as the whole hall turned upside down.

My eyes met with Jared's and he dashed me a cool smile which I ignored with a hiss.

After the celebration and decoration, RGC as the second went home with a medal and a sum of two-fifty thousand which was half the price the winner went home with.

Can you imagine? Anyway, it wasn't as if I needed the money though it's obviously going into my account.

TWO WEEKS LATER

As we heard the persistent knock on our door, Kiishi stood up to answer but it was after the hostel prefect said she was the one at the door that Kiishi proceeded to open it.

Immediately, she opened it widely, I decided to feed my eyes and ears and at such stood up. On getting to the door, I was astonished at the sight of what greeted me.

Kiishi and I both exchanged looks before gaping at the pretty girl beside the hostel prefect, the three of us stared at one another in silence before the hostel prefect broke the ice.

"She'll be staying in your room from now on," the hostel prefect announced and soon walked away.

Kiishi formed a small smile as she moved away from the door in order to allow the new girl enter.

I decided to help the girl with her luggages and in a matter of time, we engaged in a discussion.

"You like our room?" Kiishi asked the girl as we both noticed the way she scanned our room.

Our room was a large one with three beds that had been separated into sides for the three occupants in the room.

Each side had a table and chair along with half length mirrors, table lamps and shoe-racks.

We had a big wardrobe that is enough to contain all our dresses, a plasma TV also rested on the wall along with beautiful paintings.

Anyway, our room is very beautiful, infact the whole dormitory or boarding house rather is nice. Well, why won't it? We pay almost a million per term considering the fact that's it's the best school in Oyo.