chapter twenty six

KIISHA

It was the day before our inter house sports and we were to engage in several sports so as to have time for the field and track events tomorrow, so technically our inter house sports has started already.

We were all forced to go to the field to watch the football, it was the first sports on the programme followed by table tennis. My friends and I trooped to the field and found a long seat at the end of the field.

"Hey, riff," Jared greeted as he plopped into the seat beside me.

"Hi," I responded before Quadri and Ify greeted me.

"Hi girls," Idiat greeted with a grin as she sat beside Kiiti.

We all took turns in responding to her.

The players walked into the field and noise erupted. I won't even understand why they were shouting gan.

Kiiti and Idiat got up with a grin as they waved at Joshua and Yimika respectively, who did wave back with a smile. Well, they were here to cheer on their crush and boyfriend respectively.

"Now, you'll say you don't like Joshua," Kiishi teased.

"Shut up joor," Kiiti said as she turned back to the field.

"Don't mind her," I told Kiishi who nodded.

Soon, the game kicked off and everyone kept on shouting and ranting. I didn't like football so it was somehow boring to me and I decided to play 'Word Cookies' on my phone. Kiishi on the other hand had since started reading on her phone but Kiiti and Idiat were devotedly watching the game as if it was their best movie. But, then, I can't really blame them.

"Goaaaaal!," I heard Jared, Quadri and Kiiti bark. I glared at them before looking at the field and it immediately dawned on me when it turns out Joshua had scored a goal.

"Is that why you yeye girl shouted that much?" I asked Kiiti who smiled and ignored me.

"I don't even understand what amuses them in football," Kiishi complained.

"Abi oo," I added.

"That's even true," Ify who had been obviously chatting on her phone added.

"You guys can't understand," Jared said and I hissed before turning back to my game.

Minutes later, they shouted again, about much louder, turns out Yimika had also scored.

"Ooga oo," Kiishi said.

Seconds later, the first half ended and the players converged at their bench.

Joshua and Yimika appeared sweating.

"Ewww, go and take your bath," Ify said and they smiled.

Joshua greeted Jared and Quadri before going to Kiiti as they started chattering, Yimika also greeted the others before going to Idiat.

"See the way Kiiti is smiling," Kiishi whispered into my ears.

"Abi oo and she'll say she's not crushing on him," I responded.

"Don't mind her jaare, they'll soon be the latest couple," Kiishi said.

"And we'll tell her then," I replied and we both laughed devishly.

Kiiti cast us a knowing look and we smiled at her.

Soon, the break ended and they went back to the field.

Minutes later, the football ended and I didn't bother to know the score but rather left immediately with  Kiishi while Kiiti still stayed with Joshua.