Chapter 14 - The Dream Woman

ZAC POV

Two days passed in a blur I spent watching my therapy sessions for the past six months. Since yesterday there are flashbacks just like before it drains my energy and I'm having headaches. I tolerate it because it's the only way I will know about my past.

What intrigues me the most is the same woman I always see in my dreams. I can definitely tell she's part of my memory and not just a dream. I need to know about her and only Mom can help me with this.

"Zac! Can you help me with the groceries please?" She entered the house with loads of bags.

"Mom, next time just let me do this. You are supposed to be staying here and resting." I rushed to her.

"If I let you do it then you won't get the right brands. You will just pick whatever you see." She started taking the groceries out.

"Well you can give me list that way I can get things right." I wiggled my eyebrows.

"I don't have any choice now isn't?" She faked her sob.

"I won't buy that mom starting now I will do it and I mean it. All you have to do is list everything down." I refused her act.

"For a minute I thought I got you." She sighed.

"Not gonna happen so what's for dinner?" I helped her arranging the food supplies.

"I'm making your favourite seafood to celebrate your therapy improvements." She announced smiling.

"What is it?" I watched her curiously.

"Lobster! You used to eat it with mash potatoes." She cracked the lobster in half.

Suddenly I had another flashback while she is speaking.

(TIDBITS OF FLASHBACK)

I was sitting in front of the woman with her hair in messy bun while she's serving me lobster tail, rib-eye with mash potatoes on the side and some asparagus. The table was set up in a dining area its simple yet romantic. Still even I can't see her face she's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen.

Then another scene was in a reception hall with many guests. The waiters are serving grilled lobster tail and grilled corn cob with buttered veggies.

(END OF FLASHBACK)

"Zac!" Mom cut my thoughts out.

"Mom?" I cleared my throat.

"What is it son?" She keeps washing the potatoes.

"Do you by any chance know a woman with long black hair, pale skin colour but not too white and oval face?" I described.

"Son, why don't you sit down while I finish the food? I promise to tell you about it." She changed the topic.

Once again she ignored me and her face it's... Heck I couldn't even explain.

"Mom, for once I need to know if you know her it's been bugging me for the past two weeks. At first I thought it's just a dream but later on I realized she's part of my memory. I already lost six months of my life but I felt like my twenty four years are gone to waste. I need to know please mom I'm begging you." I pleaded.

"The---re's some part of your life that I didn't tell you." She stuttered.

"Please continue." I began to listen. 

"That woman is your... wife..." Her last word made me jumped on my seat.

"MY WHAT?!" I yelled furiously.

"Zac calm down." Mom tried to hold me.

"YOU'RE TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN WHEN IN FACT YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THE WHOLE TRUTH?!" I spat and she startled.

"YES!! I admit it was wrong to hide it from you." She began to cry.

"WHY MOM?!" I just want to strangle her.

"How do you expect me to tell everything in an instant when you don't even know your own name? If I told you about it before will you even trust or believe me?" She finished her explanations.

I remained silent and I don't know what to feel. I am very pissed, ecstatic and dismay. All those dream is actually my memories with my wife!!

"Where is she?" I speak in deathly tone.

"She's in New York." She clarified.

"Does she even know I am here?" My knuckles are almost white.

"No she doesn't." She confessed more.

"What is her name?" I grilled her with questions.

"Zac... I don't..." Mom got tensed. 

"I will ask one last time...What.Is.My.Wife's.Name." I put more intonation on my words.

"Her name is... Shannen... Shannen Johnson." She gave away in hush tone.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine