Chapter 4 - The Unknown Birthday

MARIE POV (Zac's Mother)

It was two months from the day of the accident Zac finally woke up from his coma. The Doctor predictions about the possibility of having amnesia happened everyone knew except Shannen. I came up with a plan to let Shannen think that Zac died Sherry and Martin were against the idea. Later on they gave it a go after seeing how devastated Shannen was. We flew after the Company's ownership was transferred.

Italy is our hometown and Zac has a lot of memories here when he was kid.

Zac forgets everything including his own identity and I had to start the basic information he needed to know like birthday. It was difficult to get into his world he doesn't trust anybody I gave him my full support and understanding so we can build our relationship as family. I showed him places and pictures to help him get his memory back. With the help of his therapist he improved little by little. He also knew the accident that killed his father after I explained it.

Today is Zac's birthday so I made reservation at his favourite Italian restaurant.

"Hi son, how are you today?" I peeped from the door.

"Hi Mom, I'm good what's up?" Zac fixed his hair.

"I was thinking if you're up for dinner tonight." I came towards his bed.

"Is there any occasion I should know of mom?" He creased his brows.

"It's June 7 and it's your birthday." I sat beside him.

"Oh... sorry I can't seem to remember it but thanks." He kissed my cheek.

"I understand no worries. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me." I stood up from his bed.

"Okay Mom." Zac returned his eyes on the sports channel.

My phone started ringing and the name registered. Good thing I'm in the hallway when I picked it up.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:             Hey Elena, how are you? (I walked faster so Zac couldn't hear)

Elena:        Hi Marie! Everything is fine as always. How about Zac? (Her concerned tone)

Me:             Still same but I can see he is doing his best to remember. He is very eager to know everything and I don't know if it's good thing or not. (I sighed)

Elena:        Let's just hope he gets better and if he remembers it will be  a good thing right? We can stop hiding secrets to Shannen. (She convinced me)

Me:             To be honest now I'm beginning to think if what we did is    right. (I admitted with guilt)

Elena:        I don't know either but the bottom line Marie we don't want to see them suffer. Shannen is still hurting I'm just glad she is too occupied with the kids and work. (She gave a thankful               comment)

Me:             Yeah I agree to that. Did Shannen say anything from the      investigation? (My curious thought)              

Elena:        Shannen haven't heard from the investigator yet. (She           updates me)

Me:             What if Shannen's theory is right about the plotted accident? You think she will forgive us for lying? She might hate us when she knows the truth. (I considered the fact)

Shannen was keen with the accident she was convinced someone is responsible for the death. I just hope Shannen and Zac will forgive us about the lies we made.

Elena:        My daughter will be angry for sure but she will never hate us. (Elena assured me)

Me:             Thanks Elena. I better hang up now before Zac comes down                and hear us talking. Send my regards to Jorge and Sherry. (I turned my direction to the kitchen's door.)

Elena:        I will. Be safe Marie. Talk to you soon! (She ended the line)

(END OF CONVERSATION)

Fewhours later I went to my bedroom and get ready. Soon my son and I are alreadydining at the restaurant. We talked about his therapy and about his childhood.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine