Chapter 22 - The Suspicious Act

SHANNEN POV

I did my mantra everytime there is a meeting somehow it helps me. Even though it's been six months since I had the position I'm still having cold feet.

"Breath... I can do this... I can do this..." I chanted.

The board members are consist of five and two recent investors namely Mr. Singh and Mr. Davis. I actually first met them on my engagement day. I recalled their company was called Novis who handled construction equipment and supplies.

"Good afternoon Gentlemen sorry to keep you waiting." I opened the door.

"President." "Mrs. Collins." Everyone greeted me.

"Please remain seated so we can start.  I assumed you have read the initial and the final proposal of Mr. Benson, am I right?" I started.

"Yes." They answered in unanimous.

"Great! Anyway there is also another reason why I schedule a meeting.  Since I became the CEO my decision is always linked with my mother-in-aw so I decided today it has to change. I'm doing my own votes and decision as the legal owner of Collin Realty." I announced with full authority.

"You can't just take matters in your own hands. We made an agreement that Marie's decisions will be followed accordingly. This is out of the line! You are out of line!" Mr. Davis reacted.

"Mr. Davis. Please lower your voice." One of the Board members held his arm.

"Have you forgotten who are you talking to Mr. Davis? If you can't respect me might as well leave the room. Is there anymore objection or should I continue?" I countered.

"Mr. Davis please get back on your seat. Mrs. Collin please continue." Another Board Member reprimands him.

"Going back, I have the decision of Marie Collins with regards to the proposal.  Here is the copy and tell me what your stands after reading it." I motioned Bianca to hand the copies.

They grabbed the folder and silently read it. I can see all of them are almost got the same reactions. After fifteen minutes one of them initiated to vote.

"I have to say yes with the proposal." Mr. Singh speaks.

"I too." Mr. Davis followed.

The voting continues at the end we have four in favour of YES and three opposing votes.

"Mrs. Collins, since you have the rightful authority on this matter, the decision is all yours." The third Board Member called my attention.

"Thank you for considering my position. As for my decision I'm putting it on hold until Monday. We will resume the meeting same time."  I notified them.

"Mrs. Collins if you say no then it will be a neutral decision. Even if you choose to abstain we still have the votes. Majority speaks as always." The fourth Board Member made the point.

"You are just the ACTING CEO pretending to be smart while Mrs. Marie is having her siesta somewhere giving you orders." Mr. Davis saddened outburst.

"With all due respect Mrs. Collins, I have to side with Mr. Davis. We all knew Marie is the only one that can change the decision. We will accept your proposition ONLY if Marie will personally withdraw her decision but she never showed up.  I'm sorry." Mr. Singh stood up with Mr. Davis.

The rest of the board members were stunned by their actions. The room was silent that even single drop water can be heard.

"I'm very sorry for their unprofessional behaviour. I'm sure this misunderstanding will soon be settled once I have made my decision." I cleared my throat.

"We understand Mrs. Collins." The fifth Board member breaks the tension.

"Thank you all for coming and have a good day." I stood up from my chair.

I head to my office and locked it down. After getting out of the elevator I walked to the hallway where my car is. Suddenly I heard voices and found out it belongs to a man.

"It didn't go well... yeah... we will be there." I can tell he was talking on his phone base on the conversation.

"Let's get out of here now!" The other voice whispered yell.

I wanted to see who these men are but they were too fast and it's a bit dark. The only thing I can see is the car they are driving. Good thing we have a security camera around the building. I could check the body number of the car and the video footage of the area. It's already Friday and most of the employees already head home. Now I have to wait until Monday.  Damn! That man could be the suspect.

Oh God! Today was too much for me and I am going crazy! I found out Zac's condition, my family betrayal, the fraud and now this possible culprit.

I wish Zac is here to tell me everything will be okay.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine