Chapter 10 - The On-Going Investigations

SHANNEN POV

Yesterday I got a call from the private investigator I hired so I set up an appointment with him since it needs to be deal personally.  It was around lunch time when Bianca knocked through my door. She informed me his arrival so I asked her to send him up. Soon my door opens and I gestured him to seat.

"Mr. Philips, it's nice seeing you again." I shook hands with him.

"Hi, Mrs. Collins. Pleasure is mine." He smiled kindly.

"Can I offer you anything?" I stood up on my small pantry.

"Coffee will be fine. Thanks." He sat in one of my chairs.

After I placed the coffee and some cookies on the table I was back on my business mode.

"Let's get started Mr. Philips tell me what you found out." I leaned forward on my desk.

"Here are the results of the investigation." Andrew handed an envelope with pictures.

"From this perspective there is no trace of foul play but at this angle..." He pointed at the picture.

"What is this car had to do with the accident?" I followed.

"It's the only car that was parked three meters away from the accident. I also found out there was a near Coffeeshop that possibly got a surveillance video that day." He continued.

"Do you know who owns the car?" I tried figuring out if I've seen it before.

"I'm still on that process. I also interviewed the staffs if it's possible to see their footage from six months ago. The technician confirmed it but they have to get permission to their Employer." He showed me another file.

"I see." I placed a hand on my chin.

"This is the report from the police station that investigated the scene. It says the driver is speeding too fast and the break is loose that caused the accident." He stopped when I cut in.

"Zac never drives a car so fast even how late he is. He knows I hate speedy driving and he always check his car before leaving.  I was able to get my husband's car on the auto shop too." I filled in.

"Mrs. Collins, the designated driver is not your husband, it's your father-in-law." Andrew revealed.

"Wh---hat?" I froze on the spot.

"According to my sources it was indeed your father-in-law so a man ages 50 and up don't drive faster than 60-70 mph. Mr. Cristoff car breaks was loosen and the front tires are not aligned that means somebody or someone touched the car." He furthered explain.

"So you're saying someone wants to kill my father-in-law?" I was shaken up from the report.

"I'm sorry to say but yes, someone wants him dead. As for your husband he is not the target; the suspect thought that Mr. Cris is the only one riding the car. The damage is mostly on the driver's seat and the airbag works from the impact since the front seat doesn't have it the impact could be worse. In my perspective both passengers could have survived." He anticipated.

"My mother-in-law said her husband loss a lot of blood and had a weak heartbeat that caused him to die on the way." I clarified.

"What about your husband?" He listened attentively.

"My family was very certain it was Zac who was driving and got the most of the impact." I added.

"Have you tried or even saw your husband after the accident?" He dug more.

"I haven't because I lost my consciousness after hearing the news through phone call next thing I know I delivered my children. I only found out about the effects of it on the third day. Call me stupid but I didn't see any of their bodies or even visited the cemetery for that matter." I felt embarrassed.

"I understand but why your family didn't tell you?" His tone held curiosity.

"I was in critical condition back then so they decided to wait. The moment I found out about their accident I was back in the hospital. I had a psychological and emotional breakdown adding up my children was still in the hospital. I was treated for a month and a half." I gave out the truth.

"I'm so sorry for prying." He lowered his head.

"It is necessary for you to know these details so I don't mind sharing it. Mr. Philips, I need you to do another investigation." I decided the next thing to do.

"Yes Mrs. Collins." He nodded.

"I want to know about my husband's so called death. I want you to get facts from the hospital, the cemetery and everything related with this." I instructed him.

"I will Mrs. Collins can I please say something?" He started getting up.

"Go ahead." I motioned my head.

"Now we know the possibility of somebody killed your family. Please don't trust anybody not even the police." He advised me.

"I sure keep that in mind. Thank you for your time Mr. Philips." I extended my hand with him.

"I will contact you as soon as possible." He walked out of the door.

I remained seated and replayed everything that we talked about. I'm having mixed emotions and a lot of questions have been running in my mind right now. I felt angry, confused, disappointed and betrayed.

*** Why would my family lie to me?

        Maybe it was because of my condition or they are also blinded by                 the truth. Maybe it will also hurt Marie since it was after all her  family who are being killed and I can testify that Marie was devastated.

*** Could it be true that they are   still alive?

        If they are or one of them did then there's a big chance he's with Marie in Italy. Call me selfish but right now I wish it is Zac but I know my husband he will never leave that easily. Then again why would Marie have to convince me in taking over the          Company?

*** Who wants to kill my father-in-law?

        I really don't have any clue and what is the reason why would somebody have to kill my father-in-law?

*** Why would the police have to fake the reports? Is my family           behind this?

                I don't think my family will do such things and they don't have the       reason to do it. I swear I'll go to the bottom of this just to get answers and if they really did they deserve justice.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine