Chapter 27 - The Parenting Moments

ZAC POV

While Shannen was busy organizing the kids my phone rings. It was Mom after some greetings I relay everything and promised to call again.

"Mom was saying hi to you." I saw her buttoning her shirt.

"How is she?" She looks hot!

"She's... okay."  I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

"Babe, can I ask you something?" Her face is scary now.

"What is it?" I gulped.

"Did she tell you about me while you were having amnesia?" She creased an eyebrow.

"I only found out yesterday morning after I interrogate her. When she mentioned your name that's when I remembered everything. She confessed and we had a big argument." I explained.

"Did my parents know about it?" She inquired more.

"I don't know babe Mom was supposed to call them when I was in the airport." I run my fingers to her shoulder.

"Maybe that's the reason they came here last night but I shut them out. I am beyond mad and I didn't listen to whatever they want to say." She tried to connect everything.

"Yeah I understand I was mad with Mom too. I couldn't even stand seeing her but later we patched thing up." I sympathized with her.

"Tell me what happened to you in Italy for the past six months." Her eyes remained with the kids.

"Mom hired a therapist to help my memory back. She helped me a lot." I read her mind.

"Is she pretty?" She bit her lip.

"I didn't date her or anybody." I grabbed her waist.

"Still you ignored my question." She avoided eye contact.

"She's way beyond your league. You are the most gorgeous woman for me." I lifted her chin. 

"Will you consider dating her?" Her jealous tone.

"No for three great reasons. First, I am busy getting my memories back. Second, there's only one woman in my thoughts. Lastly, she is my cousin so there's no need to get jealous babe. You, Stephanie, and Mom are the women who only matters to me." I finished and she blush crimson red.  

"I'm not jealous!" She denied.

"I know you from the back of my hand babe. Now it's your turn to tell me." I winked.

"I didn't date anyone because I am still madly in love with you and I'm not even ready to accept you're gone. Heck! I didn't even visit your alleged grave. I was so devastated and almost lose my mind. I had to be treated both mental and emotional for two months. It was the same time our kids were still in the incubator." She retells and I listened.

"I am so sorry I wasn't here babe. I'm sorry I wasn't there when the kids were born and while you were in the hospital." I hold her hand.

"Babe there's nothing to be sorry for. You are here now and that's all what matters." She placed her other hand on mine.

"Mom told me you hired a private investigator, is it true?" I remembered. 

"Yes because I wasn't convince enough with the accident. The police statement says you were driving but it didn't match with the investigation I have. The report was twisted that you were driving and that's what everyone believed including us." She filled me in.

"It was Dad who was driving and since my car won't start we had to use his." I shook my head.

"Exactly what I have in mind that's why Andrew and I were convinced that it was plotted. I also had suspicions our family was hiding something so I confronted them about the location of the cemetery."  She finished.

"Andrew?" I'm ready to break this guy's face.

"He is the investigator I hired." She stated. 

"Ahh okay." I suddenly relaxed.

I helped her up and had Steph in my arms while she cooed Zandy. We went to the kitchen and I decided to cook breakfast for them.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine