Chapter 11 - The Surprised Guest

SHANNEN POV

I reached the driveway while thinking of the afternoon event. I'm on my own personal bubble when Sher opened the door with Martin in tow.

"Oh hey sis!" She nervously greeted me.

"Hi sis! Hey Martin  how are you?" I eyed him directly.

"I'm great, thanks and you?" His reaction matched Sher.

"I'm good and busy as always. A lot of things going on in the office you know how it is to run a Company." I didn't elaborate more.

"Yeah, tell me about it." Martin seems tense.

"Everything okay with the twins?" I had the urge to ask since he really doesn't come around.

"Yeah the little sweetpeas are fine and healthy." Martin gave me a breather.

"Oh thank God! So what brings you here?" I locked the car with my remote.

"He just came by but he is about to leave. He got an emergency call, right Martin?" Sher answered for him.

"Yeah that's right." He seems uncertain but I didn't push it.

"Okay just feel free to drop by anytime you know you're always welcome here." I eyed them suspiciously.

"Sure I will. I'll see you soon." Martin kissed my cheek.

I can feel there was something he wanted to say to Sherry so I move pass them and just decided to wait. I knew she's avoiding me but I'm determined to find out what's the real deal with them.

"Did you have dinner I'll go heat up the food." She yelled from the kitchen.

"I did in the office!" I hollered back.

I took off my shoes and went to the kitchen.

"So what is Martin doing here? He only comes for two things; one for the kids or two he is visits the question is who?" I started interrogating her.

"He insisted on checking them personally." Sher bit her lip.

"I'm your sister and I know if you're lying or not. You better spill." I tried getting the truth.

"Fine! He drove me home and hewassortofaskingmeout!" She speaks way too fast.

"He did what?!" I can see she's almost getting red.

"I said... he visited the---" She started but I cut her in.

"I heard that it's the second part I missed." I actually understand her the first time.

"Oh God! You are making it hard for me. I know you heard it and you just want me to suffer more!" She whines.

"Don't you dare change the subject! Now what did he say?" I grilled her.

"He was asking me to go out with him." She admitted shyly.

"Weeeeee!! This is so good!! When is it?" I squealed.

"Shut your mouth or I'll pour you this coffee." She holds the mug near my face.

"Why? You like him what keeps you hanging?" I placed the keys on the coffee table.

"It's just... I'm afraid he will be same as the other guys I dated. He is a womanizer how can I be sure he's only interested on me?" She became sceptic.

"First, he is not gay and you admitted Martin seems a great guy. Why not give him a chance?" I gave her advice.

"You're right I need to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'll call him tomorrow. Thanks sis!" She hugged me.

"No problem. I'll go check my kids now I miss them so much." I proceed upstairs.

I changed my work clothes with Zac's since I am more comfortable on it. I went straight to nursery and kissed both Steph and Zandy heads.

"Mommy loves you both so much." I carried them in my arms and fell asleep.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes on every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine